Coastal & Ocean Engineering Jobs Database
Frequently Asked Questions
- 2. Why are jobs with old closure dates still in the database?
- When the closure date is passed an email notification is sent to
the employer. The record is then kept in the database for one month more.
This is to give the employer a chance to update the job offer in case
no suitable candidates were found. It also gives people a chance to
- 3. I can edit all job records - this seems dangerous!
- You can edit them, but without the correct password you can't save
or delete anything.
Questions about Posting a Job
- 1. I've forgot the password, what do I do?
- Send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org and state your case.
- 2. How do I edit or delete a job ?
- Find the full job record - at the bottom of that page there are
two form-buttons marked "Edit Record" and "Delete Record". Click on the
desired button. You also have to enter the correct password to be able
to save or delete the record. The password was given the first time
the job was submitted to the database.
If you don't have the password,
but feel that the job record should be modified or removed please send
an email to
- 3. I would like to post a permanent job offer, can I do that?
- Yes, just set the Closure Date to * None *. See also
question 4. below.
- 4. How long can a job remain in the database?
- You will
receive an email notification when the record hasn't been modified for
three months. You then have one month to review the job offer, make
sure that everything is still valid and re-save the record. If you
haven't re-saved the record after one month it will be removed.
This is to ensure that all job offers are up to date.
- 5. Who can edit or delete jobs?
- Anyone who knows (or guesses) the correct password. The database
can also manually delete or modify all records.