|STAR-CD User Subroutine Training|
|The course is aimed at giving the User an understanding of how to set up a model containing user subroutines in STAR-CD and PROSTAR.|
|Date:||May 27, 2002 - May 28, 2002|
|Type of Event:||Course, International|
1) Introduction : This section introduces the concept of user subroutines and why they form an important part of the functionality of STAR-CD.
2) What can they do : This section discusses what user subroutines can do in terms of defining boundary conditions, material properties, source terms, droplets and extracting flow field data during the solution process.
3) How are they activated : This section discusses the system command ufile, which is used to create the ufile directory, and the PROSTAR User Subroutine panel. It also discusses the activation of user subroutines using either the GUI or the command line and their compilation using the starlink command.
4) When are they called : This section discusses when user subroutines are called and which subroutines access/supply boundary and cell data. It also illustrates the order in which they are called.
5) What is passed to them : This section reviews the variables passed by the include file usrdat.inc and cell mapping between STAR and PROSTAR. It then discusses the declaration of arrays and types which are passed to the user subroutine.
6) What is returned by them : This section defines which variables are passed in the user subroutine argument list as arrays and as single values. It also discusses the passing of information between subroutines and how to store this information.
7) Special Topics : This section discusses the setting up of these subroutines for parallel calculations and using STAR source common blocks to obtain other data. It also covers programming style, skills and Fortran 77. Throughout the course worked examples are used to give hands-on experience.
Who Should Attend
Dates for Advanced Modelling Issues, Spray and Combustion, User Subroutines and Moving Mesh are arranged to suit users requirements for more details please contact the training administrator in the UK, Germany and France respectively.
How to register
To register for a course a User Training Request Form needs to be completed and returned to Computational Dynamics. You can download this form in PDF-format, or request it from our training administrators at the following locations:
Note: In most situations it will be possible to register trainees on the course of their choice. However, if requests for places on courses are received near to the course date this may not be possible. Availability of places can be obtained by contacting Computational Dynamics Ltd.
|Event record first posted on April 2, 2002, last modified on April 2, 2002|