|31st National Conference on Fluid Mechanics & Fluid Power, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, IndiaI|
|Jadavpur University hosts the 31st National Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power 2004 to disseminate scientific and technical information of interest to the scientists and industrialist in the related fields. The conference further aims at exchanging ideas and views amongst various researchers and scientists in various branches of theoretical and experimental fluid mechanics and fluid power.|
|Date:||December 16, 2004 - December 18, 2004|
|Location:||Jadavpur University, Kolkata 700032, West Bengal, India|
|Contact Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Organizer:||Dr. B. Majumdar and Dr. S. Ghosal|
|Application Areas:||Turbomachinery, River and Coastal Engineering, Aerospace, Power Generation, Environmental, Architecture and Wind-Loading, Maritime, Offshore and Ship Hydrodynamics, Biomedical & Pharmaceutical, Pumps and Fans, General CFD, Hydraulics|
|Special Fields:||Aerodynamics, Measurement Techniques, Theoretical Fluid Dynamics, Fluid Mechancis|
|Deadlines:||July 30, 2004 (abstract), October 31, 2004 (registration)|
|Type of Event:||Conference, National|
The 1st National Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power was organized in 1969 at Jadavpur University to promote the advancement of science of fluid mechanics, fluid technology and allied fields in the country. The National Society of Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power provides a common platform for industrialists, technologist, scientist and others to keep themselves abreast of the advances in the field. Under the aegis of the Society, Jadavpur University again hosts the 31st National Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power 2004 to disseminate scientific and technical information of interest to the scientists and industrialist in the related fields. The conference further aims at exchanging ideas and views amongst various researchers and scientists in various branches of theoretical and experimental fluid mechanics and fluid power.
ABOUT JADAVPUR UNIVERSITY AND ORGANIZING DEPARTMENTS
Jadavpur University, a great name in Indian literary, scientific and technical academics was founded in 1906 in the name of National Council of Education. It gained the University status in 1955. The three faculties (Science, Arts and Engineering) have around 50 Departments and Schools of Advanced Studies out of which there are 17 Departments of Engineering & Technology. Very recently Jadavpur University has been identified as a University with “Potential for Excellence” and “Five Star” University by UGC and NAAC respectively.
A very specialized Department of Power Engineering (located at Salt Lake Campus – Eastern side of Kolkata) was established in 1989 to produce specialized manpower for the power industries in India. Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in 1906 and located at Jadavpur (Southern part of Kolkata) and one of the largest Engineering Departments in Asia. Both the campuses are well connected by road from nearest railway stations and airport.
The 31st National Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power 2004 takes the advantage to cover various subject matters under the following broad sub-themes:
* Fluid Mechanics * Internal & Free surface flow * Measurement techniques * Fluidics & Fluid control * Hydrology & Hydraulics * Thermo-fluid engineering * Computational fluid dynamics * Electronics & instrumentation in fluid engineering * Fluid dynamics in aerospace engineering * Fluid dynamics in chemical process engineering * Hydrodynamic lubrication * Fluid-Structure interaction * ANN in fluid mechanics * Fluid Machinery * Bio-fluid dynamics * Wind engineering * Multi-phase flow * Liquid metal flowCALL FOR PAPERS
Full length papers of original works based on the above themes are invited for presentation in this conference as per the format specified below:
* Limitation of pages (including figures): Eight (8) * Papers size: A4 * Font: Times New Roman * Main text: 10 points * Headings: 14 points * Margins: 40 mm top and bottom and 25 mm on other two sides * Typed in single space with single column * Abstract: 100 words (maximum) with 5 keywords * Reference: As per ASME formatEach paper should contain the postal address and e-mail of the author with whom all communications will be made. “31st National Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power, 16-18 December 2004, Kolkata, India” should be mentioned on top of the first page of the paper.
Industries are welcome to display posters of products, techniques and instrumentation relevant to the themes of the conference. Interested industries may please contact the Organizing Secretaries before 31.10.04, for further details.
SUBMISSION OF PAPERS
Each paper should be accompanied by a paper-processing fee of Rs.500/- (US $50). This amount will be adjusted towards the Registration Fee for the conference. Papers without the paper-processing fee will not be considered. The payment is to be made through a Demand Draft in favour of NCFMFP- 2004, payable at Kolkata.
Paper presented at the conference will be screened by a team of experts for the award of the following three prizes/certificate:
1. Dr. M.G. Deshpande Memorial Prize (1 paper will be selected for award from the papers presented by authors belonging to research/academic institutions) 2. Dr. Wille Memorial Prize (1 paper from the papers presented by authors from industry) 3. SVRCET, SURAT Prize (1 paper based on collaborative effort between industry and academic institutes)REGISTRATION FEE
Till 31.10.2004 After 31.10. 2004 1. Members of NSFMFP Rs.2000/- Rs.2500/- 2. Non-members Educational Rs.2500/- Rs.3000/- R&D Industries Rs.4000/- Rs.4500/- 3. Students Rs.1000/- Rs.1000/- 4. International delegates (i) SAARC countries US $100 US $150 (ii) Other countries US $250 US $300The Registration Fee covers the conference kit, paper processing fee (for one author only for each paper), refreshment and lunch only during the days of the conference. The Registration Fee may be sent by a Demand Draft in favour of NCFMFP-2004, payable at Kolktata.
It is planned to bring out a souvenir in connection with the 31st National Conference on FMFP. The Advertisement charges for this purpose are given below:
1. Back cover (color) Rs.20,000/- 2. Inside front cover (color) Rs.15,000/- 3. Inside front cover (B/W) Rs.10,000/- 4. Inside back cover (color) Rs.15,000/- 5. Inside back cover (B/W) Rs.10,000/- 6. Full page Rs. 5000/- 7. Half page Rs. 3000/-SPONSORSHIP
Industries/organizations and other institutes are requested to sponsor/co-sponsor this conference on FMFP to make it a grand success. The sponsors/co-sponsors will be acknowledged in the souvenir as well as in the proceedings of the conference with one page resume about their organizations/institutes. The rates are given below:
1. Sponsors (2 free delegates) Rs.30,000/- 2. Co-sponsor (1 free delegate) Rs.20,000/- 3. Donor Rs.10,000/-KEY DATES
• Receipt of pre-registration form: 30.06.04 • Last date for receipt of full length paper with paper processing fee: 31.07.04 • Notification of acceptance: 31.08.04 • Receipt of camera-ready paper along with soft copy in floppy (3½")/CD ROM: 15.10.04 • Last date for request for product/poster display: 31.10.04 • Last date for concessional registration fee: 31.10.04ACCOMMODATION
Limited shared (double bed) accommodations on “First come First” basis will be arranged for participants on self-payment basis. Accommodation will be arranged on request with advance payment till 15.11.04.
The climatic condition at Kolkata in mid December is very pleasant (temperature varies between 11and 25C).
ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
Dr. B. Majumdar, Joint Organizing Secretary, 31st National Conference on FMFP Department of Power Engineering, Jadavpur University (Salt Lake Campus) Block-LB, Sector-III, Plot-8, Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700 098 Tel: (033)2335-5813/5215, ext.164 (O) (033) 2471-0094 (R) e-mail: email@example.com OR Dr. S. Ghosal, Joint Organizing Secretary, 31st National Conference on FMFP Department of Mechanical Engineering, Jadavpur University, Kolkata – 700 032 Tel: (033)2414-6890 (O) (033)2413-8087 (R) e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Event record first posted on February 16, 2004, last modified on March 7, 2004|