|Training: Reacting Flow with FLUENT/KINetics|
|Join us for a one-day training course on Reacting Flow Modeling is designed for existing users of FLUENT. The focus of the course is using FLUENT in conjunction with Reaction Design's KINetics module, which offers a new way to model detailed gas-phase and surface chemistry within FLUENT 6.2. The training course will be held on August 12, 2005, 9:00 am-5:30 pm|
|Date:||August 12, 2005|
|Location:||USD Computer Technical Center, 3760 Convoy Street, Suite 100, San Diego, California, United States|
|Type of Event:||Course, National|
This one day training course on Reacting Flow Modeling is designed for existing users of FLUENT. The focus of the course is using FLUENT in conjunction with Reaction Design's KINetics module, which offers a new way to model detailed gas-phase and surface chemistry within FLUENT 6.2. The class is offered as a third day of training following Reaction Design's introductory two day training on using CHEMKIN to solve reacting flow problems involving detailed kinetic mechanisms. Experienced CHEMKIN users may elect to sign up for only the FLUENT/KINetics portion of the course if they are already familiar with the material covered in the first two days of the course.
The course will cover the following topics:
* Introduction to reacting flow modeling in FLUENT
* Overview of the options available in FLUENT to model reacting flows
* Description of the strategy used by the KINetics solver to aid FLUENT in converging energy and species equations
* Discussion of the types of problems for which using the KINetics solver provides advantages relative to using other solvers available in FLUENT
* Solution strategies
* Solver options and parameters
This advanced course has a couple of tutorials that the students can work through during class. The tutorials cover both applications with gas-phase (combustion) and surface reactions.
|Event record first posted on July 15, 2005, last modified on July 15, 2005|