CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   ANSYS Meshing & Geometry (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ansys-meshing/)
-   -   [Other] how to get complete turbo by BladeGen/TurboGrid (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ansys-meshing/100061-how-get-complete-turbo-bladegen-turbogrid.html)

yuhai April 19, 2012 08:29

how to get complete turbo by BladeGen/TurboGrid
 
Hallo, dear all
I am now simulating a pump with BladeGen/TurboGrid and CFX.

I found that, BladeGen/TurboGrid can only make Geo and mesh for one Blade, but not the complete turbo.
Instead of only one blade, I want the mesh for the whole turbo, is it possible to do this in BladeGen or TurboGrid?
Or otherwise, the only possibility is to copy the mesh in CFX pre?

Thank you for hints,
Best Regards,

Far April 19, 2012 09:01

This can be done in Turbogrid. But I prefer to do it in the CFX-Pre

yuhai April 19, 2012 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Far (Post 355608)
This can be done in Turbogrid. But I prefer to do it in the CFX-Pre

hallo, Far,
Can you tell me in which menu to find the function?
I can now only "display" the whole turbo, but what is feeded into Pre is still only one blade.

Thanks!

Far April 19, 2012 12:09

Here it is :



http://dc527.4shared.com/img/mk7A0y7...9433/turbo.PNG


http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/1069/turboq.png

yuhai April 20, 2012 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Far (Post 355675)
Here it is :






Thanks,
But i mean, how to do it in TurboGrid?

Sanju May 9, 2013 06:02

Sir,

If I mesh a single stator rotor in turbogrid and the entire volute in ICEM, import the stator rotor mesh to CFX PRE and apply the entire passage so that it become 360 degree.Now can I add the volute mesh from ICEM on to it with CGI and will it work?

Far May 9, 2013 08:13

Your procedure is correct

prasad10 March 16, 2016 03:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuhai (Post 355594)
Hallo, dear all
I am now simulating a pump with BladeGen/TurboGrid and CFX.

I found that, BladeGen/TurboGrid can only make Geo and mesh for one Blade, but not the complete turbo.
Instead of only one blade, I want the mesh for the whole turbo, is it possible to do this in BladeGen or TurboGrid?
Or otherwise, the only possibility is to copy the mesh in CFX pre?

Thank you for hints,
Best Regards,

hw d u do for complete geometry I am getting same problem

Far March 16, 2016 07:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by prasad10 (Post 589937)
hw d u do for complete geometry I am getting same problem

see post # 6 above.

ngoc_tran_bao April 26, 2016 03:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Far (Post 355608)
But I prefer to do it in the CFX-Pre

Sir, I am carrying out a pump simulation. I have a full geometry of the pump and I can not initialize it in CFX-post. There is always an error like this: "Please verify that the rotation axis and turbo regions are set correctly" even when I set them carefully in previous steps. I also try to initialize a periodic example model and it work well. So, I am wondering if Turbo Tab only work with periodic geometries, not full geometries. As a result, I can not get turbo chart and report with a simulation of a full pump geometry. If I am wrong, can you give me some points? Thank you in advance.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:19.