CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   ANSYS Meshing & Geometry (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ansys-meshing/)
-   -   [ICEM] Meshing axial fan (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ansys-meshing/102666-meshing-axial-fan.html)

nww May 31, 2012 04:43

Meshing axial fan
 
hi guys,

I have a geometry to mesh..the geometry is axial fan. and i have to mesh by using ICEM. but i dont know yet how the blocking strategy is. the fan has 9 blade. could anyone help me?

Far May 31, 2012 05:28

sure. It can be done very easily. I did it couple of times.

nww May 31, 2012 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Far (Post 363997)
sure. It can be done very easily. I did it couple of times.

hmm..yeah..but im new in this topic actually..I just started to learn ICEM CFD a couple week ago. i never do it before this why im asking maybe you can let me know the step or any tutorial about that..thanks you b4

Far May 31, 2012 15:15

I can tell after looking at pics and geometry files

nww June 1, 2012 00:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Far (Post 364147)
I can tell after looking at pics and geometry files

if u dont mind i will sent it to your email turboenginner@gmail.com

Far June 1, 2012 00:56

sure, send it to my email id

Far June 1, 2012 13:02

blades are very close to each other at hub. is this real or still you have to remove the fillets?

nww June 1, 2012 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Far (Post 364334)
blades are very close to each other at hub. is this real or still you have to remove the fillets?

hmm..actually i just got the geometry from my supervisor then he asked me to mesh it..it must be real

Far June 2, 2012 03:01

gap is narrow
 
I cannot put the periodic plan in that gap at the hub, let alone mesh it

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4913/55323927.png

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/7923/84851427.png

nww June 2, 2012 03:13

could you please let me know the strategy of blocking for the geometry? at least i know the idea what should i do even i have to do something for the geometry

nww June 7, 2012 03:53

do you have any tutorial that related to axial fan meshing? please

Far October 12, 2012 05:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Far (Post 364391)
I cannot put the periodic plan in that gap at the hub, let alone mesh it

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4913/55323927.png

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/7923/84851427.png

Does any one has an idea how to handle such a close gap in ICEM? Can we the only single blade or we have to mesh full rotor due to geometric features?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 20:40.