|June 16, 2012, 08:08||
Blocking topology for a missile
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 451Rep Power: 14
Can anyone help with suggesting a good Hexa blocking topology for a transonic CFD (ANSYS CFX) simulation around a missile? The nearest tutorial I can find as a guide is of the half wing-body in the ICEM v11.0 tutoral guide (I'm using ICEM v14 but there are very few tutorials of any use).
Some things to mention about the simulation/mesh:
1. The boundary layer needs to be resolved with a y+ <= 1.
2. The freestream is transonic so the farfield domain needs to extend far way in all directions.
3. The fins:
3.1 Are at 45 deg 'X' orientation
3.2 Have an aerofol cross-section with a small blunt trailing edge (not knife-sharp leading and trailing edges).
3.3 Are have a leading and trailing edge rearwards sweep angle (as you would expect).
4. The suspension lugs are included in the model and must be captured by the mesh.
5. I need to model the entire missile and not use a symmetry plane.
6. Only simulations at 0 deg angle of attack is to be done.
I cannot post images of the geometry.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|[ICEM] Blocking topology for pipe flow with a butterfly valve||siw||ANSYS Meshing & Geometry||13||November 27, 2012 13:07|
|[ICEM] Blocking and Symmetry||BrolY||ANSYS Meshing & Geometry||32||August 24, 2012 03:13|
|[ICEM] Blocking strategy||BrolY||ANSYS Meshing & Geometry||0||July 22, 2010 04:46|
|[Gridgen] Blocking topology for blunt wing||siw||Main CFD Forum||3||July 21, 2010 13:55|
|[ICEM] Building topology command script files||Anorky||ANSYS Meshing & Geometry||8||January 11, 2010 08:25|