CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   ANSYS Meshing & Geometry (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ansys-meshing/)
-   -   [GAMBIT] cylinder structured mesh (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ansys-meshing/104032-cylinder-structured-mesh.html)

masoodina July 2, 2012 07:00

cylinder structured mesh
 
2 Attachment(s)
hi .

how can i generate a mesh like this in gambit ??

http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/att...1&d=1341226397

i dont know how to add nodes to have such a mesh !!
any help or tutorial appreciated .

-mAx- July 2, 2012 07:21

1 Attachment(s)
on your first picture you can see a square at center from disk.
Let assume you only have the disk (2d) the decomposition will be a square and then join corners from square to the circle (you need to split the circle with some points)
Attachment 14160

masoodina July 2, 2012 09:05

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by -mAx- (Post 369239)
on your first picture you can see a square at center from disk.
Let assume you only have the disk (2d) the decomposition will be a square and then join corners from square to the circle (you need to split the circle with some points)
Attachment 14160

hi max . thanks for yoyr help . i did it .

zainab July 30, 2012 16:11

hi
I have the same problem. please, if you get any solution tell me.

masoodina July 31, 2012 04:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by zainab (Post 374409)
hi
I have the same problem. please, if you get any solution tell me.


hi zeinab . while in gambit draw a cylinder then split it into 4 equal parts , make a cube at center of cylinder ,
subtract cube from the cylindrical parts
now use volume mesh >>hex/map

remember to connect the faces .

u can do this in 2d or 3d

zainab August 1, 2012 10:20

Hi Masood, thank you for your help
I working as you tell me, finally i get a five meshed domains, when I wont to export the mesh to FLUENT , must unite all the volumes to be one cylindrical volume to specify the regions, inlet, outlet, etc.
when I do this step the mesh deleted.
what can I do

Far August 1, 2012 10:55

No need to unite them. Go to boundary condition panel and select all five faces on one side as inlet and corresponding five faces at other side as outlet. Similarly for the outer wall of the cylinder

wesam October 9, 2012 10:01

please see the picture and help me
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by masoodina (Post 374504)
hi zeinab . while in gambit draw a cylinder then split it into 4 equal parts , make a cube at center of cylinder ,
subtract cube from the cylindrical parts
now use volume mesh >>hex/map

remember to connect the faces .

u can do this in 2d or 3d

....
i need the steps to make a mesh like in pic by gambit . please i need help

nkme2007 October 10, 2012 05:52

Hello All,

I want to do analysis of heat transfer from water flowing through pipes submerged inside concrete. I am modelling in GAMBIT and wish to analyse it on Ansys FLUENT.

Can anybody help me out, how to model and simulate?

Does any tutorials exist?

shahrbanoo May 27, 2014 01:26

Hi
I made this mesh on 2d circle, but when I change it to 3d mesh I have negative volume . how can I make it better not to have negative volume? and why I have them?

-mAx- May 27, 2014 03:31

display your geometry


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 20:18.