Result of the meshing of a swirl injector
This topic follows this one : http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ans...-strategy.html
I have finished the mesh of my swirl injector and I want to share my results with you in order to receive your advice and your critics, especially concerning the quality of the mesh. I remind you that I'm new in ICEM so do not hesitate to give me basic advices if you think it would help me to improve my mesh.
The tin file is here :https://sites.google.com/site/alfred...edirects=0&d=1
1) First of all, you will find some views of my blocking strategy.
2) Then there is the mesh and a focus on one of the more critical area regarding the quality of the mesh.
3) At the end of the topic, you will find some quality graphs. I've heard on another topic that the most important criteria are the "angle", the "determinant" and the "orthogonality".
For the angle, it is advised that the angle MUST be over 9° and only some elements between 9° and 18° are accepted. The determinant MUST be over 0,1. I put the result for the skweness for information. What do you think of all this results ?
Thanks for your help.
I cannot see the pics...
Sorry. It should be OK now.
Your blocking seems very good.
I have some other quick ideas for blocking this geometry.
1. Model it as quarter model with two symmetries. Later on you copy/rotate to reproduce the exact symmetric 360 model as shown below.
2. Insert ogrid around the injector holes in the two circular regions between two concentric circles. Similarly inside the injector holes throughout the injector hole and into the circular region between two concentric circles (Fig 8)
3. I am struggling to put the quarter o-grid inside the small circular region which exits into the plenum through interface
What do you think about this approach?
Working with the symmetry function is a good idea because it's a way for me to discover a feature I don't know.
When I look on fig. 6, it seems there is interpenetration of blocks in the swirl chamber. Is it the case ? If yes, it can be a problem ?
Yes, there is penetration of blocks in swirl chamber. It is due to fact 180 deg block (square section ) in swirl chamber and I am unable to get the one quarter. So when copied all blocks to 90 deg and repeated twice to get the 360 model, I have duplicate blocks (180+180+180+180). It is to be noted that in all other blocks I get the 90 deg sector easily.
PS. After creation of main block, I have rotated it by 45 deg.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 19:12.|