|December 17, 2012, 16:42||
regarding blocking and splitting
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 17Rep Power: 4
i'm new to icemcfd ,plz help me out how to use index control while splitting the blocks..
looking forward for a reply
|December 17, 2012, 16:49||
Ghazlani M. Ali
Join Date: May 2011
Blog Entries: 23Rep Power: 19
when i just started using index blocking , i just used the select corner option, fast and easy...
New to ICEM CFD, try this document --> http://goo.gl/G2gkE
|December 17, 2012, 18:43||
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Laval University, Canada
Posts: 339Rep Power: 7
Here is an exercise for you to understand the possibilities of index control:
- Open the attached zipped project.
- Play with the display of the parts to see what's what.
- Let's say you want to associate all the edges in the cube.
- To associate the edges to curves contained in the parts CURVES1 to CURVES4, play with the K dimension of the blocking index control. Example: display BLOCKING and CURVES1 and set the index control as shown in the attached picture.
- To associate the curves contained in the parts CURVES5 to CURVES8, play with the I dimension of the blocking index control.
- You will realize that you can do the edge associations by working in 2D planes sequentially, instead of having your eyes crossed trying to decode a puzzle of 3D edges.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|[ICEM] Blocking topology for cruciform fins||siw||ANSYS Meshing & Geometry||22||September 6, 2012 05:55|
|[ICEM] Automatic linear interpolation of parameters when splitting blocks||Ivan||ANSYS Meshing & Geometry||0||August 14, 2012 08:30|
|[ICEM] Dealing with Singularity..!||JOKER||ANSYS Meshing & Geometry||15||November 10, 2010 08:57|
|how to split hex mesh in icem with desired height?||adam2008||ANSYS Meshing & Geometry||3||August 27, 2009 15:59|
|HELP: ICEM blocking and vorfn / orfn||guest7777||CFX||4||November 2, 2007 13:28|