CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   ANSYS Meshing & Geometry (
-   -   [ANSYS Meshing] How to creat translational periodic mesh in three direcitons (

ChenZhan January 22, 2013 23:48

How to creat translational periodic mesh in three direcitons
How to creat translational periodic mesh in three directions(i.g. x,y and z) with the ANSYS ICEM software.
who can give me some suggestion and help.

Far January 23, 2013 00:02

one in ICEM CFD. And other two in the Fluent/CFX. Hope you get my point.

ChenZhan January 23, 2013 01:48

Thank you for your suggestion on my problem. Can you give me a more detailly specification on how about carry out it as you said.
you mean that i can make a periodic boudary condition, for example taking the x direction, and ignoring the other directions (y and z).And the periodic boundary conditions for the y and z directions can be done in the solver(fluent or cfx).It is just my comprehansion,right?
However, how to treat the non-consistent mesh on the faces which are in the y and z directions?The number of the mesh is not equal for them.
Thanks very much.
Good luck,far.

ChenZhan January 23, 2013 02:05 are right,Far.Thanks very much. i have found the instruction on the non-conformal periodic boundary condition.
Good luck,my friend.

Far January 23, 2013 03:25

There is video tutorial on YouTube where exactly same problem is solved. First in mesher and then taken to solver to add another periodicity (conformal in this case). But it is your choice to make conformal or non-conformal peridocity.

ChenZhan January 23, 2013 07:51

Goodluck.I appreciate your help very much.
Z.S. Chen