CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   ANSYS Meshing & Geometry (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ansys-meshing/)
-   -   [ICEM] GUI Style - change mouse colour? (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ansys-meshing/112549-gui-style-change-mouse-colour.html)

wallace January 30, 2013 16:40

GUI Style - change mouse colour?
 
I'm using ICEM 14.5 on Windows 7. Under > Settings > Product > GUI Style, I prefer to use the black ICEM CFD background rather than the light blue Workbench background. However for both backgrounds the mouse stays the same colour, which is white for the normal pointer (not a problem) but black for the crosshair selection mode - this is obviously not visible on the black background. Can I set this to white as well somewhere?

mjgraf January 30, 2013 23:26

Just tested here and with Background color set to solid Black the Selection cursor changes to White. This selection was for selecting geometry for a part. Exactly which selection are you experiencing the black cursor on black background?

Quote:

Originally Posted by wallace (Post 405145)
I'm using ICEM 14.5 on Windows 7. Under > Settings > Product > GUI Style, I prefer to use the black ICEM CFD background rather than the light blue Workbench background. However for both backgrounds the mouse stays the same colour, which is white for the normal pointer (not a problem) but black for the crosshair selection mode - this is obviously not visible on the black background. Can I set this to white as well somewhere?


wallace January 31, 2013 04:17

Yes, for example selecting geometry for a part. The cursor changes from the normal white arrow type cursor to a black cross - and it's black no matter what background colour I put, including black as well!

That's very odd that it's behaving differently for you. Are you also using v 14.5 on Windows 7 64 bit? I wonder is it related to the fact that I'm running the OS in Virtualbox. In any case you don't know any way of manually changing the colour of the cursor?

wallace January 31, 2013 07:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by wallace (Post 405229)
I wonder is it related to the fact that I'm running the OS in Virtualbox.

This seems to be a known problem with "Mouse Integration" in Virtualbox. It can be worked around by switching to the black mouse scheme in Windows which makes all cursors black with a white perimeter - I find this ok.

Sorry that this is in the wrong forum - I'm happy for the administrator to remove the thread.

mjgraf January 31, 2013 10:17

I was just about to ask if everything was installed properly for the VirtualBox integration. I was thinking it may be a OpenGL issue but if you found it to be a known issue, that works too.

The key for this issue was the VirtualBox which was not mentioned in your first post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wallace (Post 405259)
This seems to be a known problem with "Mouse Integration" in Virtualbox. It can be worked around by switching to the black mouse scheme in Windows which makes all cursors black with a white perimeter - I find this ok.

Sorry that this is in the wrong forum - I'm happy for the administrator to remove the thread.



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:33.