CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   ANSYS Meshing & Geometry (
-   -   [TurboGrid] GE rotor B geometry for Ansys turbogrid (

sonny July 7, 2009 18:18

GE rotor B geometry for Ansys turbogrid

I'm trying to simulate flow in a compressor cascade(GE rotor B) using Ansys CFX. But I needed to get the meshing done with Ansys turbogrid 11. I got the GE rotor B blade profile data from a desertaion by Muthanna(1998) but turbogrid requires three data files: profile, hub and shroud. I created these other files on my own from the blade profile data and got a model data doesn't look right for turbogrid meshing.

I need some help with getting a complete data file or an advice on how to create the right data files for my hub and shroud

balaji_hrrn May 15, 2013 00:20

Hub and shroud curves can be obtained by projecting the profile to meridional plane.

diamondx May 15, 2013 17:51

the guy probably found him a job already !!! that was back in 2009

balaji_hrrn May 15, 2013 22:36

I did not see the date.. Yes, what you said was right.. :-)

ama294 August 29, 2014 13:54

how to create create the airfoil and hub data for TurboGrid

Please, I stuck with creating the blade and hub data files for turbogrid. I opened the files in the turbogrid tutorial on ICEM and saw that the data for the hub is a polynomial created some how to pass through the LE. and TE. of lowest airfoil of the blade. I am wondering if I can extract these data from solidworks or I should use bladegen to create them. I already have the data for the airfoil, but I do not know how to manipulate the hub coordinate to agree with the blade's and be valid for TurboGrid.

gerardosrez August 29, 2014 19:06

Dear colleague, what version of ansys are you using?

I can help you but right now I have version 12

Maybe if you send me a saved version that I can open, I can help you

Best regards

ama294 August 29, 2014 20:01

Thanks for your reply gerardosrez,

The ansys I have in school is version 13 and 14. The airfoil is in fact a water turbine hydrofoil. The blade is untested and has a constant cross-section. I have drawn the all rotor on a solidworks, but I read in a thread that I should create the .curve files of the blade airfoil and hub curve in BladGen in order to import to TurboGrid . I have already imported the hydrofoil to BladeGen but I stuck with the hub.

Thanks again for your help.