|December 29, 2009, 17:19||
Cd of a truck in a wind tunnel
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1Rep Power: 0
First of all thank you.
I am studying the Cd of a truck in a wind tunnel (Ignoring the effect of the wheels).
1. speed of 80 km / h
2. Grid adaption to the y + (50 <y+ <500)
3. Moving Ground (case in relative motion format)
GAMBIT & FLUENT
1. I subtracted the geometry of the truck, to get a single volume (this procedure is correct?)
2.I entire volume meshing (Scheme Elements: Tet / Hybrid, Type: TGrid, Spacing: 30 (interval count), Total elements: 339862)
My question :
1. Need to create a finer mesh underneath the truck? if so, can I do in Gambit? (I've tried different ways but I failed meshing this area).
2. How do I know which is more correct meshing for these situations and what should be the number of elements to this mesh?
3. I have to create a BL in all walls of the truck? or with the option to "use grid adaption to the y + variable" is enough?
4. How would the distribution grid?
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|wind tunnel results vs fluent||pixie||Main CFD Forum||1||August 20, 2009 08:02|
|how to consider perforated wind tunnel wall in CFD simulation||littlelz||CFX||4||June 11, 2009 05:51|
|Simulating a G├Âttingen type wind tunnel in FLUENT||Chris||FLUENT||3||December 4, 2006 18:33|
|Virtual Wind Tunnel in FLUENT||ND||FLUENT||0||April 7, 2006 07:43|
|Wind Tunnel Website now online||Mike Worthey||Main CFD Forum||0||June 6, 2000 02:27|