Meshing Volume between Cylinders
I was wondering if you could help me out with a problem I am having.
I would like to study flow between two eccentric cylinders. So I am using Gambit to mesh the model. So these are the steps I take:
1. create 2 volumes for both cylinders.
2. substract the inner volume from the outer volume.
3. Since I need to have an equal mesh around the cylinder. I then split the face of the of the inlet into two with two vertices. This allows me to mesh each face with the right density.
4. Then create the mesh over the volume using the meshed faces.
5. Once the boundary conditions are set, I then export the mesh.
6. But once I open it in fluent, the mesh has an error.
Here are the things, I think are going wrong. I should unite or merge the faces with the mesh, but if I do that the mesh disappers. I have also tried to connect the faces but to no success.
If anybody has any clue on how to solve this problem, please lend me a hand. I am new to this program and I need to have it done for an educational project.
what kind of error fluent gives you?
can you post a picture of your model
and what kind of error fluent returns?
I have solved the problem entirely. I created the volume and then meshed it. But using Cooper's method. I back-tracked the error to the volume mesh. You need to submap mesh the faces when using Cooper. I forgot to do this.
The other problem was also that the nodes created were not the same number on both surfaces. But thats sorted out too.
Thank you for help!
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 22:34.|