CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   ANSYS Meshing & Geometry (
-   -   [ICEM] Multi-Zone Sliding Mesh (

JOKER December 12, 2010 20:59

Multi-Zone Sliding Mesh
Hello Everybody..!

I have been trying to simulate a 2D Flutter Excitation System (just for sliding mesh tutorial). Fluent did not read this mesh (Error : ACCESS VIOLATION).

i have made different zones by saving blocks in different parts and is applying wall BC to inner and outer boundaries of cylindrical portion.

My strategy is that inner block will slide with outer block: give me some suggestions..?

JOKER December 12, 2010 21:12

2 Attachment(s)
here are the images

JOKER December 14, 2010 10:47

1 Attachment(s)
After Meshing I realized it could be batter to model zones like red lined edges are assigned with wall BC and white marked as interface BC..

JOKER December 14, 2010 22:50

I also realized that there is even no need of different parts so I merge these parts and also remove the interface condition from the edge(hit and try:thought this could be the problem)

About Meshing: I have made a simple CH topo about airfoil then split block at Cylinder airfoil intersection then 3 O-grid for cylinder and delete the airfoil block and put 3 manual blocks about airfoil (finding problem to insert C type split using O-grid)

JOKER December 20, 2010 11:55

Hy everybody i have sorted it out, actually when i edit edge one portion of the edge set free (that i have assigned to a line with BC, now half of the portion is set free and half being assigned).

Successfully exported to the Fluent

PSYMN December 20, 2010 17:57

Sounds good. Congrats. ;)