CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   ANSYS Meshing & Geometry (
-   -   [GAMBIT] please help!!error meshing volume on sedan geometry (

AbdulAzis February 17, 2011 06:16

please help!!error meshing volume on sedan geometry
please help me to create a volume and meshing volume sedan geometry,, i have try to meshing volume but still error..give me solution or i can send my file sedan geometry.:confused::confused::(:(

-mAx- February 17, 2011 09:45

describe your problem (pictures are always welcomed)

AbdulAzis February 17, 2011 22:55

the problem
i want to find Cd on the sedan geometry for my thesis,,i use BMW 320i for basic model on the gambit,,and redesign the windshield and back glass the car with the different inclination. I try to folow the steps on the tutorial sedan geometry but still error in creat a virtual volum and meshing volume..
may i know your email address??
i will send my file sedan geometry (gambit)

-mAx- February 18, 2011 02:20

what kind of error?

AbdulAzis February 19, 2011 01:40

on the comand list : check the conectivity at edge,,,thre are many edge..
what should i do??

-mAx- February 21, 2011 02:25

then connect all edges >> Edges/Connect

AbdulAzis March 1, 2011 00:27

the new problem
the virtual volume has been create,,now the problem i am still error meshing virtual volume.
On the transcript list : error meshing volume v-volume 1 aborted due to poor mesh quality. The user may proceed by first remeshing the faces with the poor mesh quality.
volume v-volume 1 could not be meshed without face(s) successfully meshed.
What should i do??

-mAx- March 1, 2011 02:51

You need to do what gambit says: fixing the poor surface mesh.
you certainly have other warnings regarding surfaces which cannot be meshed successfully. Sometimes Gambit gives the surface ID, where meshing has failed.
So just see how looks the given surface(s)
And fix the problem

AbdulAzis March 2, 2011 01:20

negative volume
i try to mesh volume,,and still caontains 2 inverted elements (negative volume)
why?? and what must i do next??

-mAx- March 2, 2011 03:29

try to find why.
Check where are those negative volumes (examine mesh, choose volume in the quality panel)

AbdulAzis March 2, 2011 23:44

i have done meshing volume,,now i want to cek the mesh file on the fluent. thank you

AbdulAzis March 5, 2011 23:42

i want to try find Cd using fluent,,but i am still confuse what should i fill in turbulence specification method, at intensity and lenghth scale (inlet)..
-intensity and viscosity ratio (outlet)
-Reference value : area ....

desert_1250 August 13, 2011 01:52

error to mesh 3d
Hi, i have a quastion that mentioned above too. when i wanna create 3d mesh the error "could not be meshes without faces" has been apeared, would you explain me how solved this problem? i read the last posts but dont undrestand completely what to do

-mAx- August 16, 2011 00:36

once volume mesh failed, go to examine mesh, select 2d, and enable worst elements.
Gambit will display the worst 2d-element which should be source of your error message