Modelling Of Butterfly Valve
Hi, My friend,
Firstly, welcome to all of you.
I am starter position in cfd & meshing procedure and i started a industrial project as graduate thesis..
Longterm we will study FSI, but i have to make presentation about a litte part of this study. I have to mesh butterfly valve + pipe system.
Since i'm new this area, i dont know how i take a real/good mesh in this system. i tried many of time, but my geometry is complex.
can anyone gelp me? can anyone take mesh for me?
if you do this, please explain step by step that you make assumptions or techniques. this can be goog start for me.
thank you cfd_online.
attach some images of your fluid domain .
otherwise could not explain the procedure.
also which tool u r using for meshing.
(i am good in ICEM and gambit only)
I made a mistake previously and first message (actually this message:)), I posted two times this message, in previously forum menu, you can see other message in this situation from me. In that message, i gave parasolid file and an image about my problem.
Again if you look there, you can see one butterfly valve and long pipe on both side.
pipe + valve + pipe system,
i will make a FSI analysis finally but firstly i would like to learn meshing, and i want to learn icem cfd absolutely in the level of expert..(long term goal).
if you can help with meshing this system, i am very glad.. problem is internal flow.. and i would like to take volume mesh in this system (which mesh type we use, and why?)
http://hotfile.com/dl/115746645/554af92/mesh.jpg.html screen shot
http://hotfile.com/dl/115746241/ccea...valve.x_t.html parasolid file
First of all,
1. Extract the fluid volume.
meaning deleat all the surfaces which are not in contact with fluid.
do splitting operations if u have to.
2. Creat inlet and outlet put them in different parts.
3. Make body point in fluid doman.
4. Do tet mesh with roboust octree method.
This is the simplest method.
I hhope this is helpful
thank you for your help, now i'm in business. when i go to home, i try the step that you offer. now ,i guess, i understood the process that you said.
1. i will delete all surfaces except for cylinder inner surface and i will define fluid volume passing throuhg the pipe.
2. inlet and outlet surface of pipe geometry must be separate surfaces from left down menu in icem cfd screen. to create inlet and outlet..
3. how i define body point in fluid domain? and where? somewhere in pipe axis? or anywhere in fluid domain?
4. after first three steps we will make a tet mesh from icem automaticly, but why tet mesh? cant be hexa? or prism? what is the trick here?
which mesh type occures better solution for me?
you wrote that very helpful for me, thank again. after try you wrote again i will come back to this topic and give my results and possible problems.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 21:43.|