CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   ANSYS Meshing & Geometry (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ansys-meshing/)
-   -   [ICEM] Various errors in importing geometry (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ansys-meshing/88424-various-errors-importing-geometry.html)

Iceman May 17, 2011 10:00

Various errors in importing geometry
 
Hi everybody, i just need your help.
I know the problem could be banal, but i can't get out of it.

So, I just passed from Ansys 11 to 13, and immediatly I had some problems with Icem.
I'm trying to import a Parasolid geometry (x_t) (tried to create it by using different modelers, as SolidWorks, Ansys DesignModeler), gave the .tin file the same directory of the Parasolid file, but when importing Icem says: The tetin file aaaaa.tin does not exist.

So, I tried to import an IGES file too, but after the creation of the .tin file Icem says: can't read surface model.

I really don't know what to do, I tried many times but never obtained some results:(.


I hope someone can find a solution for my problem, thanks.

E.C.

PSYMN May 18, 2011 11:50

write permissions?
 
Sorry, not enough info. Parasolid import works for me.

Usually this sort of issue is due to ICEM CFD not having write permissions in the folder. The converter can't put the tetin file in the folder, so it doesn't find it for the import.

Simon

Iceman May 18, 2011 19:25

Inspired by your suggestion I tried to load the file from different directories, and in some of then Icem can write the tin file and then load it.

It's a bit strange because I don't remember I set particular permissions to folders, however now it works.

Sorry once more for the banality of the question, but your post gave me the help I needed:o

Thanks.

Mohd200 May 26, 2011 01:46

Write permission error
 
Hi guys,

I am new to the whole CFD environment and often when I try to import geometry from solidworks (parasolid format) into ICEM a write permission error comes up. it goes something like this:

An internal error has occured:

could not read "./fairing and wheel.tin": permission denied

you can report the error to the maintainers of this software, skip the error and continue working, or view a stack trace.


Now, when i click continue i don't see any geometry getting imported. This does not occur all the time which is why i am puzzled. Is there a problem with the way i am saving the file in solidworks? How do i fix this problem? Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

gullapallivijay May 26, 2011 06:11

Parasolid import into ICEM is not free in v13 as it is in v11. Your need to have one paralsoid import license to ICEM that is not relatively inexpensive. You can however translate the agdb file from design modeler to ICEM via CFX mesh.

PSYMN May 27, 2011 22:31

Acis (*.sat) is free in ICEM CFD, can you output that from Solidworks?

Iceman May 30, 2011 04:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSYMN (Post 309585)
Acis (*.sat) is free in ICEM CFD, can you output that from Solidworks?

Yes it's possible!

Omerta December 9, 2011 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mohd200 (Post 309282)
Hi guys,

I am new to the whole CFD environment and often when I try to import geometry from solidworks (parasolid format) into ICEM a write permission error comes up. it goes something like this:

An internal error has occured:

could not read "./fairing and wheel.tin": permission denied

you can report the error to the maintainers of this software, skip the error and continue working, or view a stack trace.


Now, when i click continue i don't see any geometry getting imported. This does not occur all the time which is why i am puzzled. Is there a problem with the way i am saving the file in solidworks? How do i fix this problem? Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

I had that same issue, changing the working directory to the folder at hand worked for me.

eakpink July 17, 2012 05:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omerta (Post 335338)
I had that same issue, changing the working directory to the folder at hand worked for me.

thank you omerta i had the same issue.just i chenged my working directory to my hand it works now.
:cool::cool::eek::eek::eek:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:15.