CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   ANSYS Meshing & Geometry (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ansys-meshing/)
-   -   [ANSYS Meshing] Mesh for conjugate heat transfer (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ansys-meshing/89709-mesh-conjugate-heat-transfer.html)

hassaan June 20, 2011 15:13

Mesh for conjugate heat transfer

I have made a 2D geometry and have meshed it in ANSYS 12.0

When i export the mesh to Fluent, there is no shadow wall at the solid-fluid interface. Hence, i do not get the 'couple' option in wall boundary condition ( as i am supposed to find).

Can anyone tell me the reason why this is so?

thanks in advance!

regards
Hassaan

Moonlight June 21, 2011 03:34

Check īthe connectivity of the faces. If you are a GAMBIT user, the color of the line between two faces should be pink.

PSYMN June 24, 2011 12:58

Multi-body part...

I assume you are using ANSYS Meshing in Workbench...

If you have separate parts, it will mesh them one at a time and the edges won't really be connected. You need to combine these into a multi-body part so they will be meshed together...

There are other posts about how to do this, or you could check the help...

hassaan June 26, 2011 01:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSYMN (Post 313441)
I assume you are using ANSYS Meshing in Workbench...

If you have separate parts, it will mesh them one at a time and the edges won't really be connected. You need to combine these into a multi-body part so they will be meshed together...

There are other posts about how to do this, or you could check the help...

Yes I am meshing ANSYS workbench and i did sort out the problem :)

But now i cant seem to mesh the tube bundle. A straight pipe without bends is meshed easily but one with bends gives an error. Is there a different method to do this?

Help will be greatly appreciated Thanks! :)

PSYMN June 28, 2011 13:50

Have you specified the mesh method? Perhaps "automatic" won't generate a swept mesh, but specifying swept, along with a source and target surface will do the trick...

Or you could try "MultiZone".

eaxja August 12, 2011 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by hassaan (Post 313591)
Yes I am meshing ANSYS workbench and i did sort out the problem :)

But now i cant seem to mesh the tube bundle. A straight pipe without bends is meshed easily but one with bends gives an error. Is there a different method to do this?

Help will be greatly appreciated Thanks! :)

Hi i recently saw ur post on ansys mesher and how u solved the problem such that u get a coupled wall between two interface (eg solid and fluid) i am also using ansys mesher and i would please appreciate it if you could explain to me how you solved it..... Thanks :D

wethiq July 6, 2015 04:13

conjugate heat transfer

Hi, I work model contain fluid and solid wall when I run in fluent the heat don't transfer from wall (hot) to fluid (cold) in which I mesh each one separately. what wrong ?