CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   ANSYS Meshing & Geometry (
-   -   [ICEM] unstructured mesh to surface patch dependent (

Sheyko December 14, 2011 18:37

unstructured mesh to surface patch dependent
I'd like to mesh the part of the geometry by blocking strategy unstructured mesh and than based on its edges the adjacent shells to mesh another part by hexa dominant.

My question:
Why Quad Dominant Patch Dependent Surface Mesh don't build the mesh based on the nodes from edges from adjacent shell unstructured mesh?

PSYMN December 15, 2011 12:46

By default, it sizes the mesh by the geometry, but if you turn on the option to use existing line elements it will use those to set the sizing instead.

Turn this option on under Mesh (tab) => Global Mesh Setup => Shell Meshing Parameters => Patch Dependent => Respect Line Elements.

Best regards,

Sheyko December 15, 2011 15:04

Fantastic, I've made so for some times before, but however didn't get the merged mesh. But now is OK! Thank you very much!

Sheyko December 15, 2011 20:11

I found the main problem, it was in Associate Mesh With Geometry and there are not any tunes for it :(
Possible anybody know how to improve the mesh association?

PSYMN December 19, 2011 12:39

Sorry, not sure what you mean...

there are not any tunes for it :(

Sheyko December 20, 2011 05:29

When I'd like to associate (Repare Mesh->Associate Mesh with Geometry) the mesh to the surfaces and lines it doesn't perfectly do it. There are some holes. So, how can I tune (improve) the association?