CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   ANSYS Meshing & Geometry (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ansys-meshing/)
-   -   [ICEM] How to mesh the external waterflow of a MCT blade (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ansys-meshing/98985-how-mesh-external-waterflow-mct-blade.html)

zhbb March 23, 2012 03:32

How to mesh the external waterflow of a MCT blade
 
hello,everyone,I'm working on a marine current turbine (MCT) blade,it looks exactly like a wind turbine,except that it works underwater.
the blade got sections of NACA 634XX with really sharp trailing edge,and it is twisted. Now I want to mesh the fluid domain around the blade, a cylinder with a blade shaped hole. I failed meshing it in ANSYS mesh,so I think maybe ICEM CFD can do the job. how to split the block, or unstructured mesh? I am confused. someone help me? thanks a lot!

Far March 23, 2012 04:04

Your problem is similar to this one?
http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ans...mesh-wing.html

zhbb March 23, 2012 04:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Far (Post 351054)
Your problem is similar to this one?
http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ans...mesh-wing.html

thanks for your reply!!!

Far March 23, 2012 04:47

Quote:

Your problem is similar to this one?
http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ans...mesh-wing.html
If yes, then you can follow this thread, otherwise we should start working in this thread.

zhbb March 23, 2012 06:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Far (Post 351061)
If yes, then you can follow this thread, otherwise we should start working in this thread.

In my case, the blade is twised along the Z-axis, so it's not just a section extruded along the Z-direction. I think this make it more difficult to be meshed.

Far March 23, 2012 06:34

Quote:

In my case, the blade is twised along the Z-axis, so it's not just a section extruded along the Z-direction. I think this make it more difficult to be meshed.
In my sanity, the blocking would be exactly same.

jeevankumarb March 28, 2012 02:18

If you can upload your tin and blk file then it would be easy to give some suggestions on your mesh.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 00:16.