|May 15, 2012, 08:05||
FLUENT - ICEM / Segmentation Violation Error (Hybrid Mesh)
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 140Rep Power: 6
Once again, it seems that I need some help...
I have created an hybrid mesh (tetra+hexa) on a simple geometry, but Fluent can't load it! (Segmentation Violation error)
I have read many threads on the subject, and finally learned how to build an hybrid mesh. Yet, it seems that I am still missing something.
In order to create my mesh, I tried two different methods:
1. I create the unstructured mesh
2. I create the structured mesh, and convert it to unstructured (-> merge)
3. I merge the two meshes
1. I create the structured mesh, and convert it to unstructured mesh
2. I create a surface mesh (All tri) at the interface, based on the structured grid
3. I create the unstructured mesh based on this surface mesh.
Both methods give me a final mesh which looks ok, but which can't be opened with Fluent. What did I do wrong?? Which method is the best?
Thank you very much for your help!
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|[ICEM] Unstructure Meshing Around Imported Plot3D Structured Mesh ICEM||kawamatt2||ANSYS Meshing & Geometry||17||December 20, 2011 12:45|
|Export mesh from ICEM to Fluent 6.3 (3D)||bigbang||ANSYS||0||June 7, 2010 23:05|
|Dynamic Mesh - Segmentation Violation Error||Mik.mechanex||Main CFD Forum||0||April 26, 2009 08:07|
|Icemcfd 11: Loss of mesh from surface mesh option?||Joe||CFX||2||March 26, 2007 18:10|
|prob while exporting icem cfd hexa mesh to fluent||mani||CFX||4||March 7, 2007 04:41|