CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > ANSYS

ANSYS 14.5.7 Installation problem on CentOS 6.4 x86_x64 machine

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   October 11, 2013, 08:38
Default ANSYS 14.5.7 Installation problem on CentOS 6.4 x86_x64 machine
  #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Greece - Hellas
Posts: 16
Rep Power: 7
dfeid is on a distinguished road
Hi to all

I have just tried to install the Ansys 14.5.7 to a pc with CentOS 6.4 X86_x64 OS and despite the fact i have a valid license file when I tried to start up the licence manager i got the following message:

Oct 11, 2013 15:28: Attempting to start the ANSYS, Inc. License Manager...
This may take a few seconds; please be patient...
Start the ANSYS, Inc. License Manager status:
2013/10/11 15:28:04 ERROR 42003520/0/0/0
Unable to retrieve IP for host CFD13L.
Host not found: CFD13L
Allthough the HostID gives the same host name as you can see

License Server Machine Hostid Information:
HOSTNAME: CFD13L
FLEXID: 40618602f996
IDTYPE: U
PLATFORM: Linux x64
OS: Linux 2.6.32-358.el6.x86_64

Since I am not familiar with linux OS I would appreciate any help on this

Thanks
dfeid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 15, 2013, 01:59
Default
  #2
Senior Member
 
Stuart Buckingham
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 253
Rep Power: 15
stuart23 will become famous soon enough
Hi,

Make sure the output of the command "hostname" is also CFD13L, if not you will need to contact your channel partner to have a key reissued. You should also try to ping the name to check that this resolves to the same host, type "ping CFD13L". If not, you may have to edit /etc/hosts and add the appropriate entry.

Good Luck,

Stu
__________________
http://bc247.eng.monash.edu.au
stuart23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 15, 2013, 08:20
Default
  #3
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Greece - Hellas
Posts: 16
Rep Power: 7
dfeid is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart23 View Post
Hi,

Make sure the output of the command "hostname" is also CFD13L, if not you will need to contact your channel partner to have a key reissued. You should also try to ping the name to check that this resolves to the same host, type "ping CFD13L". If not, you may have to edit /etc/hosts and add the appropriate entry.

Good Luck,

Stu
Hello

@stuart23 Thanks for your help. When I give the hostname command I receive as an answer CFD13L. As it concerns the ping to CFD13L I get the following

[root@CFD13L Desktop]# ping CFD13L
ping: unknown host CFD13L

I checked the /etc/hosts, but I don't known what I have to do:

The file content is the following:

127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
::1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain

I have no idea how and which the right adjustments would like.

Any help to this would be welcome
dfeid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 20, 2013, 22:27
Default
  #4
Senior Member
 
Stuart Buckingham
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 253
Rep Power: 15
stuart23 will become famous soon enough
This page should give you a bit of a guide to editing /etc/hosts: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=3407

You need to add an entry so that your computer can find itself. This is usually done by the DNS, but yours is not working for some reason (no zeroconf maybe). Just try adding a manual entry for your own computer. Just add the hostname (CFD13L) at the end of this line:
127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
__________________
http://bc247.eng.monash.edu.au
stuart23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 11, 2013, 07:06
Default
  #5
New Member
 
kpkkra
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1
Rep Power: 0
kpkkra is on a distinguished road
Hai dfeid,

Have u solved the problem?. I am also facing the same problem. Can you plz help me?

Thanks


Quote:
Originally Posted by dfeid View Post
Hello

@stuart23 Thanks for your help. When I give the hostname command I receive as an answer CFD13L. As it concerns the ping to CFD13L I get the following

[root@CFD13L Desktop]# ping CFD13L
ping: unknown host CFD13L

I checked the /etc/hosts, but I don't known what I have to do:

The file content is the following:

127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
::1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain

I have no idea how and which the right adjustments would like.

Any help to this would be welcome
kpkkra is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 29, 2013, 15:50
Default
  #6
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Greece - Hellas
Posts: 16
Rep Power: 7
dfeid is on a distinguished road
Hello kpkkra

Yes I finally managed to make it working
I followed the guidelines given by Stuart23 and it worked
Assume that your hostname is computername and your domain name is company.com, then you should configure the /etc/hosts file in order to look like

127.0.0.1 computername.company.com computername

Then after that log out and log in or reboot, and try to ping for the computername, checking if the pc will respond. If all it's OK I thik it will work as it worked for me.

Good luck


Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkkra View Post
Hai dfeid,

Have u solved the problem?. I am also facing the same problem. Can you plz help me?

Thanks

Last edited by dfeid; November 30, 2013 at 06:10. Reason: correcting wrong spelling
dfeid is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ansys 14 installation on Dual Processor machine Ehab44 FLUENT 11 March 21, 2013 10:03
Ansys installation on VISTA 32/64 bit sol'n! Andrzej F CFX 0 September 22, 2008 16:51
Problem importing GAMBIT mesh to Ansys geometry David G. CFX 0 June 19, 2005 06:01
Problem importing ANSYS mesh, please help Ankan Kumar FLUENT 1 February 2, 2003 08:38
problem in reading ansys file satya bulusu CD-adapco 3 November 27, 2002 03:29


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:43.