CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   ANSYS (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ansys/)
-   -   Local server exited error (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ansys/77493-local-server-exited-error.html)

mylesb June 24, 2010 12:09

Local server exited error
 
I am trying to install ANSYS workbench version 12.0.1 to a Windows Server 2003 x64 machine. It already has version 11, which works fine.

Upon starting after install I am getting the error "Local server exited or could not real local server port ANSYSLI_LOCAL_PORT." No components are available beyond Engineering Data and Geometry, while we are licensed for a couple dozen.

I am using the same 12.0.1 installation and remote license server for two other Windows XP x64 machines, yet everything is fine for those. I have tried disabling the firewall and checking the flexlm log, yet can not find any hints.

sac June 28, 2010 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylesb (Post 264393)
I am trying to install ANSYS workbench version 12.0.1 to a Windows Server 2003 x64 machine. It already has version 11, which works fine.

Upon starting after install I am getting the error "Local server exited or could not real local server port ANSYSLI_LOCAL_PORT." No components are available beyond Engineering Data and Geometry, while we are licensed for a couple dozen.

I am using the same 12.0.1 installation and remote license server for two other Windows XP x64 machines, yet everything is fine for those. I have tried disabling the firewall and checking the flexlm log, yet can not find any hints.

Go into %appdata% (your application data folder).

Then into ANSYS and there is a file called ANSYSLI_LOCAL_PORT.

Delete it then try again.

mylesb June 29, 2010 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by sac (Post 264808)
Go into %appdata% (your application data folder).

Then into ANSYS and there is a file called ANSYSLI_LOCAL_PORT.

Delete it then try again.

Thank you for the suggestion, however that did not solve the problem. The ANSYSLI_LOCAL_PORT file contains only one "0", and is identical on all machines, even the ones that work with version 12. When deleted it is recreated the same.

DanOz January 12, 2011 19:15

ANSYS Remote Solver Manager causing ANSYSLI_LOCAL_PORT error
 
Hi

For Future Reference

You need to set the password for the Remote Solver Manager

Go to Start> Programs> ANSYS XX.0> RSM> RSM Manager (or Start> Programs> ANSYS XX.0> Utilities> RSM Manager > Remote Solve Manager)

RMB click on Computer & select Set Password... Then follow the prompts

Daniel

hhzhangfuxing June 8, 2011 08:59

the same problem in workbench12.1 (win32) and solution
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mylesb (Post 264393)
I am trying to install ANSYS workbench version 12.0.1 to a Windows Server 2003 x64 machine. It already has version 11, which works fine.

Upon starting after install I am getting the error "Local server exited or could not real local server port ANSYSLI_LOCAL_PORT." No components are available beyond Engineering Data and Geometry, while we are licensed for a couple dozen.

I am using the same 12.0.1 installation and remote license server for two other Windows XP x64 machines, yet everything is fine for those. I have tried disabling the firewall and checking the flexlm log, yet can not find any hints.

First of all, open the file"Ansys 12 x32\Ansys12\framewrk" and you will find "INTEL.TGZ". Please unzip it.
Second, copy the unzipped file "intel" to the installion directory of Ansys 12 .1.The default should be:ANSYS Inc\v121
Finally ,run workbench .

mrercan April 9, 2012 09:42

I could find the right answer. Thank you
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sac (Post 264808)
Go into %appdata% (your application data folder).

Then into ANSYS and there is a file called ANSYSLI_LOCAL_PORT.

Delete it then try again.

That actually worked for me for v13. Thank you.

Edit : added v13

mrercan April 9, 2012 09:54

It worked for the first time but then after a while error message popped out again. Now there is no ansysli_local_port file to erase. I need to try something different I believe. Thanks anyway :)

mrercan April 9, 2012 10:02

resolution
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hhzhangfuxing (Post 311050)
First of all, open the file"Ansys 12 x32\Ansys12\framewrk" and you will find "INTEL.TGZ". Please unzip it.
Second, copy the unzipped file "intel" to the installion directory of Ansys 12 .1.The default should be:ANSYS Inc\v121
Finally ,run workbench .

I did it your way and thanks it helped. I am new in cfd world and wish to learn more from this forum.

I really appreciate thank you.

donminoti June 3, 2012 06:48

Hi,

I am facing the same problem with WB on my Laptop, ANSYS 13 & Win 7 32 bits. I have tried your solutions , but no way, uninstall all product and re-install, still no way. In Licence Manager everything is running. all other products work fine, except WB !. it's was fine along 6 months and suddenly it changes !.

all what i have, when launching WB, the small icon in the bottom , but nothing on the screen, sometimes "Local server exited or could not read local server port ANSYSLI_LOCAL_PORT" message error appears.

in the licence interconnect debug file , for WB i have just

"CHECKOUT ANS_WB (SHARED MODE) " nothing else.

Any suggestion would be great,

Thank you for your help

mali28 October 12, 2012 07:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by donminoti (Post 364486)
Hi,

I am facing the same problem with WB on my Laptop, ANSYS 13 & Win 7 32 bits. I have tried your solutions , but no way, uninstall all product and re-install, still no way. In Licence Manager everything is running. all other products work fine, except WB !. it's was fine along 6 months and suddenly it changes !.

all what i have, when launching WB, the small icon in the bottom , but nothing on the screen, sometimes "Local server exited or could not read local server port ANSYSLI_LOCAL_PORT" message error appears.

in the licence interconnect debug file , for WB i have just

"CHECKOUT ANS_WB (SHARED MODE) " nothing else.

Any suggestion would be great,

Thank you for your help

See below:

http://www.eureka.im/5184.html

overflow November 15, 2012 00:44

How can I find 'INTEL.TGZ'?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrercan (Post 353782)
I did it your way and thanks it helped. I am new in cfd world and wish to learn more from this forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I really appreciate thank you.

I have a question.
How can I find 'INTEL.TGZ'? (I cann't follow the path suggested)
I have different path as 'c:\program files\ansys inc\v120
is it right? How did you access the path and file?
Please show me detail explanation.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
First of all, open the file"Ansys 12 x32\Ansys12\framewrk" and you will find "INTEL.TGZ". Please unzip it.
Second, copy the unzipped file "intel" to the installion directory of Ansys 12 .1.The default should be:ANSYS Inc\v121
Finally ,run workbench .

nipunkothare November 17, 2012 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by overflow (Post 392189)
I have a question.
How can I find 'INTEL.TGZ'? (I cann't follow the path suggested)
I have different path as 'c:\program files\ansys inc\v120
is it right? How did you access the path and file?
Please show me detail explanation.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
First of all, open the file"Ansys 12 x32\Ansys12\framewrk" and you will find "INTEL.TGZ". Please unzip it.
Second, copy the unzipped file "intel" to the installion directory of Ansys 12 .1.The default should be:ANSYS Inc\v121
Finally ,run workbench .

did you find the file finally.. i cant find it even in google desktop :(
urgent help needed regarding the error above
The eureka link above provides multiple solution , reinstalling being the last
i tried all the other solutions but still the error persists....anyone who can help plzzzz let me know

overflow December 12, 2012 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by nipunkothare (Post 392708)
did you find the file finally.. i cant find it even in google desktop :(
urgent help needed regarding the error above
The eureka link above provides multiple solution , reinstalling being the last
i tried all the other solutions but still the error persists....anyone who can help plzzzz let me know

Still I couldn't find the file...

mechkween December 18, 2012 11:54

Hi,

I have been using the Ansys Workbench for 6 months now and it worked perfectly but for the past week I have been getting the dame error message of the ANSYSLI_LOCAL_PORT, and it just loads the engineering data and geometry.
It is release 12.0.
I went through all the above posts, I couldn't find the file ANSYSLI_LOCAL_PORT (however found ANSYSLI_PORT), couldn't find Intel.tgz and tried the unfinished licensing with the License Manager.
What do I do now?
Please help.

Thanks

masipin February 20, 2013 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylesb (Post 264969)
Thank you for the suggestion, however that did not solve the problem. The ANSYSLI_LOCAL_PORT file contains only one "0", and is identical on all machines, even the ones that work with version 12. When deleted it is recreated the same.


just type the server port in it (2325 default) and make it read only. it works for me..

Mohashin93 December 6, 2013 03:21

thanks a lot masipin. It finally helped me..:):)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 20:42.