CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > AVL FIRE

how to simulate the combustion process in which the piston is not centrosymmetry

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   March 9, 2012, 08:58
Default how to simulate the combustion process in which the piston is not centrosymmetry

李逾
yubaibai88 is on a distinguished road
hello guys:
I'm doing my simulation using AVL fire, however the piston and injecting direction is not centrosymmetry, it seems that in AVL fire ESE, the geometry must be centrosymmetry.
could anyone told me how to do it
thanks in advance
yubaibai88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   July 8, 2012, 21:34

zheng jianjun
skylent is on a distinguished road
you can model it by using fame engine plus(FEP) or ESE engine(after version Fire2011).

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubaibai88 View Post
hello guys:
I'm doing my simulation using AVL fire, however the piston and injecting direction is not centrosymmetry, it seems that in AVL fire ESE, the geometry must be centrosymmetry.
could anyone told me how to do it
thanks in advance
skylent is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   July 9, 2012, 09:47

Maik SUFFA
avlcfd is on a distinguished road
Hi,

ESE Diesel is made for axissymmetric geometries (axissymmetric piston bowl, injection nozzle concentric to cylinder axis). But it is possible to have both a bowl as well as a nozzle offset. Just enter the offset when setting up the grid (MESHER / 3D Parameters). If you have a completely 'arbitrary' shaped combustion chamber or nozzle arrangement you should use FAME Engine Plus or the newer ESE Engine to greate a model for your engine. In contrast to ESE Diesel these tools can be applied universally to any ICE Engine.

avlcfd
avlcfd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   July 11, 2012, 02:16

mahdy
mahdymazloum is on a distinguished road

Last edited by mahdymazloum; July 30, 2012 at 00:29. Reason: my problem solved
mahdymazloum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 20, 2015, 15:04

ameya
ame9097 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by avlcfd View Post
Hi,

ESE Diesel is made for axissymmetric geometries (axissymmetric piston bowl, injection nozzle concentric to cylinder axis). But it is possible to have both a bowl as well as a nozzle offset. Just enter the offset when setting up the grid (MESHER / 3D Parameters). If you have a completely 'arbitrary' shaped combustion chamber or nozzle arrangement you should use FAME Engine Plus or the newer ESE Engine to greate a model for your engine. In contrast to ESE Diesel these tools can be applied universally to any ICE Engine.

avlcfd
Hi, I m a master student and new to Avl fire ....can u help me with injector and bowl offset kind of stuff ..
ame9097 is offline   Reply With Quote