CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   CD-adapco (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/cd-adapco/)
-   -   What version of Fortran match Star-cd V 3.24 (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/cd-adapco/55306-what-version-fortran-match-star-cd-v-3-24-a.html)

Tipakorn April 17, 2006 22:51

What version of Fortran match Star-cd V 3.24

I use Star CD v 3.24 but I don't what version of Fortran match this Star CD. Should I install Fortran before or after installing Star CD?

Thank you

A Student April 18, 2006 07:41

Re: What version of Fortran match Star-cd V 3.24

Hi,

Use the search function of this web-site.

Good luck.

usker April 18, 2006 07:56

You can use Absoft Fortran Compiler V8.0. Before or after it does not matter, but you will need to set up environment variables to link your system with this Fortran Compiler. If your system is Windows then just go to My Computer-> Properties-> Advanced->Environment Variables, and type the link to the Fortran Compiler.

tipakorn April 19, 2006 23:35

Thank you I have more question. Can I use Fortran Compiler v9.0? And what do I type when linked my system with Fortran Compiler?

usker April 19, 2006 23:47

I beleive you can use Fortran compiler V9.0. After you install fortran compiler, for example if it is Absoft 80, then you type:

ABSOFT C:\Absoft80

INCLUDE C:\Absoft80\FINCLUDE;

LIB C:\Absoft80\LIB;

Path C:\Absoft80\BIN;

Particle April 20, 2006 01:10

If I use parallel grid computer to run Star-CD, may I need to link the Fortran compiler to every grid computer's CPU? For example, grid2(CPU) links the same Fortran compiler after the grid1(CPU) linked the Fortran compiler, is it?

TG April 20, 2006 13:59

NO - you don't link computers to programs with a compiler. You link a program once and that executable runs on all the nodes in the cluster, assuming they are all the same architecture and OS.

bioman66 June 2, 2006 02:51

Dear Usker Following this question, I set the environment variables as you said. But when I built a mixing vessel geometry in mixpert of pro-star and press "process", an error message "fortran runtime error ......" appear, I can not figure out what's wrong. Could you teach me how to solve this problem? I use star-cd 3.22 and absoft pro fortan 9.0.

abstrused00388 August 10, 2011 02:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by usker
;171217
I beleive you can use Fortran compiler V9.0. After you install fortran compiler, for example if it is Absoft 80, then you type:

ABSOFT C:\Absoft80

INCLUDE C:\Absoft80\FINCLUDE;

LIB C:\Absoft80\LIB;

Path C:\Absoft80\BIN;

Where to type theses ?? in star cd Command prompt or in environment variables in Windows ??