CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   CFD Freelancers (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/cfd-freelancers/)
-   -   Hydrodynamic Analysis of a submersible body using Ansys Aqwa (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/cfd-freelancers/118087-hydrodynamic-analysis-submersible-body-using-ansys-aqwa.html)

irfan May 21, 2013 01:24

Hydrodynamic Analysis of a submersible body using Ansys Aqwa

I am currently doing my thesis and its title is "modelling & simulation of drogue when subjected to hydrodynamic forces". Drogue is just a suspension body used to stabilize the buoy moment which is on the surface. i have developed a cad model for the drogue. but i am unfortunately able to setup my problem in an ansys aqwa as i have no experience of it. so i need help in to setup the simulation.

i cant do this simulation in fluent as the operating conditions are being given to me are in the form of wave amplitudes and frequency. as it is desired to develop a drogue model that can withstand its moment within certain limits under sea state 5(WMO number).

SO please anyone having experience using ansys aqwa or even another software through which it can be able to do this simulation, kindly help me on my problem. thanks in advance. i`ll be willing to pay for it. Kindly help me.

krisshoe May 21, 2013 16:47

The title of your thesis begins "modeling and simulation ...." and you want to pay someone to setup the simulations? Is this common practice?

irfan May 22, 2013 07:46

thats not the title but i cant give the actual title, i just need help in ansys aqwa setup and thats all. i cant be able to setup my problem in ansys aqwa.

whizkid May 28, 2013 07:12

irfan,

pm me about your project in more details pls. i might help if i can understand the problem correctly. (you can describe it in turkish :))

best,

jairam August 10, 2013 14:10

Irfan
Am not an expert using AQWA, but have hands on experience using AQWA, and other CFD solvers in solving hydrodynamic problems, if you still in search of some help do contact me.

-regards
jairam

zullah November 28, 2013 20:45

Error detected...... Number of coordinates exceeded-maximum=2200 / 122046

Hi!

I am getting this error when i simulate a simple floating body in ANSYS AQWA. Since i need to simulate for a wider frequency range (0-4.5 rad/s), the mesh size if very fine. But when i start the simulation after setup i get this error:

READING DECK 3:END OF .DAT FILE ENCOUNTERED READING MATE DECK.
Project>Model>Hydrodynamic Diffraction
READING DECK 2:END OF .DAT FILE ENCOUNTERED READING ELM1 DECK.
READING DECK 1:END OF .DAT FILE ENCOUNTERED
NUMBER OF COORDINATES EXCEEDED - MAXIMUM= 22000 | 122046 5.4627821 30.947678 -14.

Did anyone ever come across this problem! It might be a very simple problem or i might be missing some simple setup.

Please help me!

Thanks in advance.

dydewangga July 15, 2014 04:46

error number of coordinates exceeded -maximum=22000

hi everyone, I've got the same problem with zullah, when i run solve hidrostatic in hydrodynamic diffraction, there is some error and warning

CPINBY:ERRORS DETECTED - MASS AND INERTIA NOT CALCULATED
READING DECK 5:END OF .DAT FILE ENCOUNTERED READING GLOB DECK.
READING DECK 4:END OF .DAT FILE ENCOUNTERED READING GEOM DECK.
READING DECK 3:END OF .DAT FILE ENCOUNTERED READING MATE DECK.
READING DECK 2:END OF .DAT FILE ENCOUNTERED READING ELM1 DECK.
READING DECK 1:END OF .DAT FILE ENCOUNTERED
NUMBER OF COORDINATES EXCEEDED - MAXIMUM= 22000 | 122001 -13.505889 11.885416 -121.

please, anyone that already solve this problem please help me, is it some error in modelling? i dont understand at all

thanks in advance