cfx post- two phase flow- particle size distribution
i am doing two phase flow steady state simulation (spray drying process) in cfx. my questions are
1) How to see the data of each single particle like moisture content , residence time ,velocity, temperature..etc..in cfx post
2)and also i would like to plot the size distribution of particles after drying process in cfx post..how can i do that..?
please help me...if any one knows
Have a look at the CFX tutorials. There is some which do particle tracking so they will give some ideas on how to post process them.
actually i am doing simulation in cfx with a 9 degree section of my full geometry.
1)firstly i have full doubt about that how to check whether we got proper results after simulation ?
2) is it necessary to perform grid independence test..? because i have done some basic steady state simulation with 25000, 45000, 65000,90000 elements mesh..i have compared the velocity profile at particular location(line in radial direction) which shows agree with some % of error..but when i used fine mesh its not able to get converged and some times it displaying wall has been placed at outlet boundary
so my question is that should i go for fine mesh or any coarser mesh also fine to perform my simulation..how to choose mesh size?
3) what it means if domain imbalance comes as negative ?
and also can u please suggest me if possible the tutorial that which has covered that particle tracking in post process...?
1. This series of FAQs concentrates on inaccuracies, but the discussion will be of use: http://www.cfd-online.com/Wiki/Ansys..._inaccurate.3F
2. It is common to have problems with convergence in finer meshes. If you have already shown that your answer is good within an acceptable accuracy then you should be OK.
3. Negative/positive just means there is a +/- mass/momentum/heat imbalance across the domain.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:24.|