CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   CFX (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/cfx/)
-   -   PostGui_ogl.exe has stopped working (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/cfx/109708-postgui_ogl-exe-has-stopped-working.html)

Anna Tian November 24, 2012 10:29

PostGui_ogl.exe has stopped working

Hi

When I open the CFX post, the error message is 'PostGui_ogl.exe has stopped working'. But i can run CFX-solver and open the CFX-Pre without any problem. May I ask how to solve this problem?

Thank you very much!

ghorrocks November 25, 2012 05:07

Some ideas:
* Try opening it from the launcher
* Try oipening it from the command line
* Open it from the command line using the -mesa option. This starts it up in a different graphics mode.

Anna Tian November 25, 2012 06:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghorrocks (Post 394028)
Some ideas:
* Open it from the command line using the -mesa option. This starts it up in a different graphics mode.

Thanks. I have solved this problem by simply deleting the .cfx folder.

pietro October 23, 2013 11:34

hi, I'm having the same problem with CFD-post 14.0 what do you mean with deleting the .cfx folder? did you delete the folder with the files that you where working on or something else ?
Fluent and workbench are working fine. the only problem is with Post.
Any suggestions ?

thanks

pietro October 23, 2013 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghorrocks (Post 394028)
Some ideas:

sorry for asking, I've not been using ansys for long :o how can I open it using the mesa option?

ghorrocks October 23, 2013 17:19

Look in the documentation on starting CFX from the command line. the -mesa is a command line option.

Lance October 24, 2013 02:49

I believe the correct command line argument is
-gr mesa
or
-graphics mesa

pietro October 24, 2013 04:07

I tried to open it from the command line, but the mesa option for graphics is only for linux systems apparently. The problem is still there. nothing changes if I use the launcher or the command line, I always get an error saying that "the program can't start because libCuEGuiViewer.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"
I also tried to reinstall the program but it didn't work. I still can't open the program.
is the recovery my only option? since yesterday it was working fine :confused:

ghorrocks October 24, 2013 05:45

Try deleting the .cfx directory. This is a temporary directory which gets put in your local users temporary file path. For windows 7 that is C:\Users\<UserName>\.cfx by default.

pietro October 27, 2013 11:54

I found it and simply deleting the folder it started to work fine again.
thanks a lot

andohmarc February 8, 2015 13:15

Hello
I begin with ANSYS, When I open the CFX post, the error message is 'PostGui_ogl.exe has stopped working'.
I have delate .CFX folder but it doesn't solve the problem. I need your help.
Thanks

ghorrocks February 8, 2015 18:07

This can happen if opengl is not working on your machine. If you are using linux try cfdpost -graphics mesa. If you are using windows check that opengl is working.

andohmarc February 8, 2015 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghorrocks (Post 530986)
This can happen if opengl is not working on your machine. If you are using linux try cfdpost -graphics mesa. If you are using windows check that opengl is working.

Thanks for your reply,
I use window 7 32bits with graphic card "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200" but i dont know how to verify if OpenGL is working. I have look every where and made researches with the word OpenGL but no response on my machine. How can i proceed??

Thanks!!!

ghorrocks February 8, 2015 22:25

Check the driver for your video card is up to date. Then look at the video card properties and check that the opengl options are enabled.

andohmarc February 9, 2015 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghorrocks (Post 530996)
Check the driver for your video card is up to date. Then look at the video card properties and check that the opengl options are enabled.

I have check but i don't see Video card anywhere in the list of periperics , just graphic card as mentioned earlier!!

Otherwise, when i try CFX launcher directly the message is:

" le point d'entrée de procedure
?detach3@QlistData@@QAEPAUData@1@XZ est introuvable
dans la bibliothèque de liens dynamiques QtCore4.dll. "

Thank you for help.

ghorrocks February 9, 2015 17:55

That looks like a Qt error. This looks pretty bad, something is very wrong with your installation. Have you removed CFX and reinstalled.

ziadkhan February 10, 2015 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by andohmarc (Post 531094)
I have check but i don't see Video card anywhere in the list of periperics , just graphic card as mentioned earlier!!

Otherwise, when i try CFX launcher directly the message is:

" le point d'entrée de procedure
?detach3@QlistData@@QAEPAUData@1@XZ est introuvable
dans la bibliothèque de liens dynamiques QtCore4.dll. "

Thank you for help.

why these software installation so defiicult

ziadkhan February 10, 2015 14:10

m cheking the answers modes saying the quotes and without quotes

ghorrocks February 10, 2015 17:28

The installation normally is simple.

Look in the installation manual to check you have the necessary pre-requisites. Follow the instructions and it should work. ANSYS support can help you if you still have problems.

andohmarc February 10, 2015 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghorrocks (Post 531293)
The installation normally is simple.

Look in the installation manual to check you have the necessary pre-requisites. Follow the instructions and it should work. ANSYS support can help you if you still have problems.

Hello!

I have removed and reinstalled the software but it is the samething all other module run correctly, but when i try to launch the post by CFX launcher the message is:

An error has occured in cfx5post :
D:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v150\CFX\bin\winnt\PostGui_ogl.exe could not
started, or exited with return code 255 : il n’y a plus de fichier.

Otherwise when i execute InstallPreReqs.exe it says that no prerequis is necessary!!

I think i will begin training with the first modules and see later with the cfx-post.

Thank for all!!!!