CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   CFX (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/cfx/)
-   -   how to operate CFX on cluster (no gui) (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/cfx/111962-how-operate-cfx-cluster-no-gui.html)

imnull January 18, 2013 14:48

how to operate CFX on cluster (no gui)
 
Hi All,
My CFX tasks requires to set physical time (time step in sec).. On the workstation I can easily change the time step during the process of converging monitoring.
question:
Is any way to set up time step on certain iteration and create *.def to be solved on a cluster (no gui) after?
Thankx,
me

cdegroot January 18, 2013 15:37

I'm not sure if I totally understand your question but you can use cfx5cmds to read a def file into a ccl file which you can then change and write the new ccl back into the def file. Or you can put the new timestep information into a ccl file and append it at runtime using the -ccl option on cfx5solve. Is this what you are after, or no?

imnull January 18, 2013 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdegroot (Post 402736)
I'm not sure if I totally understand your question but you can use cfx5cmds to read a def file into a ccl file which you can then change and write the new ccl back into the def file. Or you can put the new timestep information into a ccl file and append it at runtime using the -ccl option on cfx5solve. Is this what you are after, or no?

ah.. typed in CL: cfx5cmds -help %)
could you pls write a command line (as an example to change time step) thankx in advance

cdegroot January 18, 2013 16:13

Let's say you have a def file called test.def. You would type cfx5cmds -read -def test.def -ccl test.ccl to read the command language from the def file into a ccl file that can be changed. In test.ccl you will find something like:

CONVERGENCE CONTROL:
Maximum Number of Iterations = 100
Minimum Number of Iterations = 1
Physical Timescale = 1 [s]
Timescale Control = Physical Timescale
END

Edit the physical timescale line to what you want. Then type cfx5cmds -write -def test.def -ccl test.ccl to write the new command language to the original def file. The def file will now contain the new ccl commands.

Hope that helps.

imnull January 18, 2013 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdegroot (Post 402743)
let's say you have a def file called test.def. You would type cfx5cmds -read -def test.def -ccl test.ccl to read the command language from the def file into a ccl file that can be changed. In test.ccl you will find something like:

Convergence control:
Maximum number of iterations = 100
minimum number of iterations = 1
physical timescale = 1 [s]
timescale control = physical timescale
end

edit the physical timescale line to what you want. Then type cfx5cmds -write -def test.def -ccl test.ccl to write the new command language to the original def file. The def file will now contain the new ccl commands.

Hope that helps.

!!!thanks!!!
Works ok

imnull January 21, 2013 23:38

btw: there is another way to set up time in -PRE.... 300*1e-6, 100*1e-4 [s] meas 300steps at 1e-6s and 100steps at 1e-4s right after first 300steps :p

Aktigridia March 17, 2014 12:37

question about time
 
imnull, could you please tell me in what field do you print this
300*1e-6 and etc ?

Thank you in advance!

imnull April 25, 2014 10:34

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktigridia (Post 480484)
imnull, could you please tell me in what field do you print this
300*1e-6 and etc ?
Thank you in advance!

here is a prtscrn (in pre-)
Attachment 30376


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 18:28.