Interface model for a radial inflow turbine
I am trying to simulate a turboexpander with radial inflow and axial outflow.
It consists of three parts basically
1. Nozzle : Stationary part, radial flow of fluid
2. Blade : Rotating with high rpm, radial inflow, axial outflow
3. Diffuser : Stationary, along the axis of rotation as shown in the figure.
I created all the blades as single blade was not giving me proper results
I am using 3 interfaces
1. Rotational periodic betwen the blades Per1 - Per2
2. Frozen rotor, for both the other interfaces.
Am I using the correct interface model? Which is the best turbulence model to be used in this.
Thanks a lot for helping
Please see the link for the system
Have a look at the rotating machinery tutorials and documentation about the differences between the different approaches.
The choice of what turbulence model depends on what you are tryign to model as well. In general SST is a good choice, but some applications require RSM, LES, DES or laminar models.
what boundary conditions and cell zone conditions r u using?
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:30.|