CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > CFX

Giving fluid properies

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   April 8, 2013, 12:05
Default Giving fluid properies
  #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 4
ami1991 is on a distinguished road
I am final year student doing a project in ansys cfx. I am modelling left coronary artery and studing the motion of blood in it. kindly help me on how to give the properties of blood in cfx...
ami1991 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 8, 2013, 18:28
Default
  #2
Super Moderator
 
Glenn Horrocks
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 10,662
Rep Power: 84
ghorrocks has a spectacular aura aboutghorrocks has a spectacular aura aboutghorrocks has a spectacular aura about
Is your question how to model blood properties (ie you already know the properties you want to apply but do not know how to apply them) or do you have no idea what properties you should use to model blood (then the answer is to do a google search or a literature review and read about what other people have done).
ghorrocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 9, 2013, 12:46
Default
  #3
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 4
ami1991 is on a distinguished road
my question is what all properties are to be applied and how to apply them... kindly help me...
ami1991 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 9, 2013, 13:14
Default
  #4
Senior Member
 
Erik
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Earth (Land portion)
Posts: 486
Rep Power: 9
evcelica is on a distinguished road
This is really, really basic. Have you even tried to do it yet? I'm sure you could figure it out in 2 seconds if you tried. In CFX pre, go to materials, right click, insert new material, and you can figure it out from there.
evcelica is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 10, 2013, 07:11
Post blood properties
  #5
New Member
 
ressan
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 4
wethiq is on a distinguished road
Hi, the blood is non-Newtianon fluid i.e., the viscousity is function of rate strain therefore in Fluent select define > material and select nontainon fluid and selct model such as power_law and input constant.
wethiq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 10, 2013, 07:21
Default
  #6
Super Moderator
 
Glenn Horrocks
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 10,662
Rep Power: 84
ghorrocks has a spectacular aura aboutghorrocks has a spectacular aura aboutghorrocks has a spectacular aura about
There are many different rheologies used to model blood. Ressan mentions one.

But significant contributions occur due to the particles in the blood. In particular, the red blood cells stretch and squeeze to get through the tin capilliaries. Blood also has visco-elastic properties. Whether these are important depends on what you are trying to model.
ghorrocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 10, 2013, 12:48
Default
  #7
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 4
ami1991 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by evcelica View Post
This is really, really basic. Have you even tried to do it yet? I'm sure you could figure it out in 2 seconds if you tried. In CFX pre, go to materials, right click, insert new material, and you can figure it out from there.
sir,
I have already tried working in ansys and i am still working. Its just that its a little confusing for first time user like me.
ami1991 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 10, 2013, 12:49
Default
  #8
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 4
ami1991 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorrocks View Post
There are many different rheologies used to model blood. Ressan mentions one.

But significant contributions occur due to the particles in the blood. In particular, the red blood cells stretch and squeeze to get through the tin capilliaries. Blood also has visco-elastic properties. Whether these are important depends on what you are trying to model.
thankyou sir..
ami1991 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 10, 2013, 12:50
Default
  #9
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 4
ami1991 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wethiq View Post
Hi, the blood is non-Newtianon fluid i.e., the viscousity is function of rate strain therefore in Fluent select define > material and select nontainon fluid and selct model such as power_law and input constant.
thank you sir
ami1991 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Difficulty in calculating angular velocity of Savonius turbine simulation alfaruk CFX 8 December 3, 2013 17:51
mass flow in is not equal to mass flow out saii CFX 2 September 18, 2009 08:07
My Revised "Time Vs Energy" Article For Review Abhi Main CFD Forum 2 July 9, 2002 09:08
Terrible Mistake In Fluid Dynamics History Abhi Main CFD Forum 12 July 8, 2002 09:11
fluid hot volume in fluid cold volume zahid FLUENT 4 June 1, 2002 09:11


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 14:24.