CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   CFX (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/cfx/)
-   -   parametric analyses in ansys workbench and CFX (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/cfx/117019-parametric-analyses-ansys-workbench-cfx.html)

hmasenger April 30, 2013 12:37

parametric analyses in ansys workbench and CFX

Hi
Does anyone know how it is possible to run several analyses in cfd using Parameter set available in ansys workbench?
I know i can set some dimensional parameters in my model and also in mesh program but i don’t know how to define results as an output parameter

evcelica April 30, 2013 17:28

In CFD post, you can make an expression for an output parameter, example max(Temperature)@plane1 then right click the expression and click "set as workbench output parameter"

You may be able to do this in CFX Pre as well, but I've never tried, I like to check the first round of results first.

hmasenger May 1, 2013 23:51

tanks for the clue
i have tried what you said .i found the output parameters but there is still a problem a.while iset some design points and push the update all design points ,Ansys begins solving all the design points and the lightening sign disappears from design point's parameters one by one but no value is shown for output parameters at last. Where is the problem?

Best regards

oj.bulmer May 2, 2013 11:37

You need to wait till the solution is stopped, it's only then the results are fetched from CFD-Post. Try clicking on the parameter tab below Results, you will see your updated results.

OJ

mvoss June 5, 2013 09:43

one more fact: afaik if you add ANY additional output to your already solved cfd-post container it will still solve again instead of just reading the res-file again.

neewbie

granbycools June 21, 2013 15:17

Does anybody know, if I can use a Parameter set on inportat solid with in the ansys design modeler.. For example I can use the Extent Type on a extrusion which I have created with the design modeler but I canīt find a way to so with my imported solid.. any help would be very much appreciated!:9

hmasenger June 21, 2013 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by granbycools (Post 435344)
Does anybody know, if I can use a Parameter set on inportat solid with in the ansys design modeler.. For example I can use the Extent Type on a extrusion which I have created with the design modeler but I canīt find a way to so with my imported solid.. any help would be very much appreciated!:9

I have found that there is a way to set parameters on solidwork part files imported in DModeler. just Google it .you will find some tips.

mvoss June 24, 2013 10:45

activate the parameter import in the wb2.0-schematic and set the correct key (e.g. DS_...) for the wb to recognize your parameters with this key from imported CADdata and set them as parameters in DM.

hmasenger June 24, 2013 14:22

have you ever imported catia part files into WB? do you know what is the catia part files correct key?

mvoss June 24, 2013 15:11

Never used Catia but proE and sw. You can set the Key to whatever you like from the wb-schematic. Just Right-Click for the Options menu.

granbycools June 24, 2013 16:46

if the keys donīt show up, does that mean that the catia-wb interface wasnīt installed to begin with? and we are talking about linking the cad model with wb and no igs import, right?

mvoss June 25, 2013 03:29

please have a look here

hmasenger June 25, 2013 05:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by granbycools (Post 435686)
if the keys donīt show up, does that mean that the catia-wb interface wasnīt installed to begin with? and we are talking about linking the cad model with wb and no igs import, right?

yup. that's what we are talking about.we want to know if there is a way to define solidwork or catia part's dimensions as a parameters in workbench or not.

mvoss June 25, 2013 05:16

please have a look at the link above. Define the parameter names in SW/CATIA with the key u like and set that key in the wb-schematic.