Home > Forums > CFX

Fire and smoke modeling

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   February 8, 2014, 14:31

Georgi Angelov
CFDST is on a distinguished road
Thank you a lot. I have figured out why my simulation was returning with code for overflow. This was due to the gambit spliting and meshing. I have splited the volumes in a wrong way and this was the problem. I split the Big volume with the inside cylinder and the big volume with the outside cylinder and now it works.

I have two problems:

1.The first is : As I don't have enough time for running the simulation on server, because I have to wait about 2 weeks for free one and in this period I have to finish my thesis. I want to run the simulation on my computer with a not so fine mesh, but enough to give me some results. This will take several days, so I want to do the simulation on steps. Around 300 [s] for a day from 1200[s] simulation, but after I run the steady state analysis, during the transient analysis[timestep 4, 3.trn files) when I click pause, it stops, writes an res. file and the .trn files. And when I want to continue the simulation from the 3.trn file and timestep 4 it starts from Steady State again. I have read about this problem, set initial value conditions to 3.trn files, and continue history from the initial values, but it starts from the steady state again.
Is there a way to run my simulation after pausing from the current stage?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pause.jpg (48.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Error.jpg (59.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Edit.jpg (85.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Define run.jpg (80.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Steady State.jpg (58.9 KB, 4 views)
CFDST is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 8, 2014, 14:43

Georgi Angelov
CFDST is on a distinguished road
And the second problem is about a Gambit extract:

2.Now I'm running my simulation with a Gambit geometry and mesh, but as I don't like the mesh in Gambit I want to create my model with a Gambit geometry and Ansys Mesh. I have watched some tutorials about meshing and modeling. And I understand some things but I cannot run my simulation with an Ansys mesh. After I extract the geometry from Gambit it writes me 8 parts 9 bodies(solids) and add material to the bodies, and they are solids(picture 1 - Import 1). I click to add frozen, I formed a new part from all of them and it goes like 1 part 9 bodies(fluids) add frozen( picture 2- Geometry 2). I mesh the volumes in mesh tool and after that I continue in CFX. When it reads the model it creates automatically interfaces between the jet fans and the main volume ( picture Interface and Interface 2).I set my expressions and start to do a run but at the begining it crashes with an error( picture ERROR). I don't know what to do with this error the interfaces are wrong or my method in DM is wrong? What are the steps for setting the right conditions and interfaces between the jet fans, the main volume and the fire volume? Thank you in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Import 1.jpg (89.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Geometry 2.jpg (91.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Interface.jpg (81.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Interface1.jpg (93.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Error CFX.jpg (78.1 KB, 5 views)
CFDST is offline   Reply With Quote