|November 14, 2013, 06:57||
Lost in "translation"
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1Rep Power: 0
I'm modeling cyclones using CFX, and in many publications I've found and I'm using as references is used the FLUENT code.
Please, I'd like some help in "translating" these options.
I'll write the FLUENT denomination and I'd like to receive the CFX one:
- Outflow boundary
- QUICK discretization scheme
- PRESTO! pressure interpolation scheme
- SIMPLE pressure-velocity coupling
I know where to find the options I need, but I don't know how to choose. Please help me.
|November 21, 2013, 01:24||
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 387Rep Power: 6
- Outflow in Fluent is roughly equivalent to Opening in CFX.
- CFX does not have QUICK advection scheme. Use High Resolution to get second order.
- I don't know exactly what PRESTO! does so I can't suggest an alternative. My experience with CFX is that you don't usually have to fiddle around with schemes very much.
- CFX does not use SIMPLE or its variants. It is a coupled solver.
|November 21, 2013, 05:05||
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 10,796Rep Power: 84
CFX does have QUICK. You have to use the CCL to get it as you cannot access it with CFX-Pre.
CFX uses Rhie-Chow pressure interpolation, not PRESTO. You cannot change this in CFX.
Chris's other answers are correct.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Update Problems, Some Data Lost||pete||Site News & Announcements||0||August 14, 2011 13:09|
|lost of mass conservation||jjchristophe||FLUENT||0||June 18, 2010 05:44|
|lost of mass conversation||jjchristophe||FLUENT||0||June 17, 2010 08:53|
|Some Forum Messages Lost||Jonas Larsson||Main CFD Forum||1||August 31, 2005 23:53|
|Don't know where energy lost from my domain||Atit Koonsrisuk||CFX||2||March 29, 2005 06:30|