|June 30, 2014, 23:27||
compressor simulate output area condition setting
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 29Rep Power: 4
I want to simulate a compressor performance
I know the input pressure and the compressor rotating speed
but i don't know the output pressure or speed
how should I set the output area condition?
|July 2, 2014, 22:25||
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Earth (Land portion)
Posts: 557Rep Power: 11
Well, the pump should have a curve, so the flow will be dependent on the delta P. Whatever you model will give you one point on that curve.
|July 9, 2014, 05:30||
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Torino, Italy
Posts: 101Rep Power: 9
If you are referring to something already tested then you should have a characteristic curve of that compressor, as evcelica said.
If this is a new design component and you want to know how good it is, than you can proceed like this:
- fix a mass flow rate at your outlet (maybe the design mass flow rate to start)
- proceed with your sim with your actual working conditions (speed, inlet pressure), again in design condition to start
- when you get the results you have to measure the pressure difference between outlet and inlet of your model. This way you have a "point" on the characteristic compressor working diagram (pressure ratio, mass flow, speed).
- Change the mass flow and repeat everything as long as you want (this point can be inverted with the next one)
- change the speed and repeat everything as long as you want
...as you can see, obtaining a compressor map from CFD simulations is a looooooong process
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|outputTime in Swak function||immortality||OpenFOAM Post-Processing||16||February 14, 2016 17:02|
|Boundary condition setting||ken87||FloEFD, FloWorks & FloTHERM||0||March 9, 2011 22:44|
|reference area in case of symmetry condition||Micheal||Main CFD Forum||1||December 24, 2008 04:14|
|CFX Solver Memory Error||mike||CFX||1||March 19, 2008 08:22|
|Boundary condition setting for water hammer proble||yizhou||FLUENT||1||October 12, 2007 12:16|