|October 17, 2015, 00:09||
Capturing Transient results in CFX
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 42Rep Power: 3
I am calculating the force (Using an Expression) for each time step manually and obtaining the results. Its very difficult to obtain results for more then 100 time steps.
How can obtain results in on shot. Please see attachment.
|October 17, 2015, 11:03||
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 532Rep Power: 13
Have you tried to create a time chart of "your quantititave CEL expression" vs time ?
Select Time Chart
Write your Expression
If you need the values used for the chart, then use Export Chart
|October 23, 2015, 11:45||
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 58Rep Power: 7
You can also set up a monitor in Pre before running the simulation. This has a couple advantages.
- It tracks the monitor as the simulation runs so you dont have to its there and ready when the simulation is finished
- You can easily watch your monitors while the simulation is running
The biggest advantages to using monitors in transient simulations to track points or information rather than trying to look it up in post afterwards, is it will track every timestep, even if you only have it set to create output files some of the time.
To watch your monitor points or pull out the information you want
- Open up your solver with the results or current simulation (right click solution -> display monitor)
- Click user points tab to see monitor
- Can edit what you see by right clicking on the graph area or right click tab area and select new monitor to create your own charts
To record information out of it, easiest way is to open tab then right click -> export plot data
Hopefully this helps
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|CFX FSI Fatal Error||unbanana||CFX||0||October 3, 2015 05:57|
|Time average results in Transient CFX Simulation||BalanceChen||CFX||22||September 30, 2015 08:34|
|Static structural Analysis using temperature profile from CFX transient solution||bhavik139||Structural Mechanics||3||July 7, 2013 20:51|
|CFX results export problem ?||nasir||CFX||2||November 4, 2011 22:10|
|about "Presure" in CFX results||erick||CFX||3||July 11, 2006 11:25|