Home > Forums > CFX

Multiphase Flow - Implementing AIAD model

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   March 8, 2016, 09:45
Default Multiphase Flow - Implementing AIAD model

Savio
saviosas is on a distinguished road
I am trying to reproduce an article of Thomas Hohne about multiphase flow (water and air), with objective to use the same model that he used for the drag coefficient in the free surface in my work. The article is: application of new drag coefficiente model at cfd-simulations on free surface flows relevant for the nuclear reactor safety analysis.

Right now, I am having some issues with implementing the area of free surface of the Algebraic Interfacial Area Density model (AIAD). According to article this surface area is the gradient of liquid volume fraction. The expression for that I wrote below:

Afs=sqrt((Water.Volume Fraction.Gradient X)^2+(Water.Volume Fraction.Gradient Y)^2+(Water.Volume Fraction.Gradient Z)^2))

This expression always results in value of 0. Is this expression right? Or there is another way to write this gradient expression?
saviosas is offline   Reply With Quote