CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   CFX (
-   -   about the streamlines (

lingo August 18, 2004 05:34

about the streamlines
Hi,everyone: I met a problem about streamlines: When I choose the inlet as location,I get a group of streamlines.I also found that every streamline begin with the nodes of inlet. I need to do something on every streamline coming from the inlet.However ,the streamlines are in group,so I cann't solve my problem.I don't know how to set up a streamline which comes from a node of inlet. Could you give me any suggestions?

Regards lingo

lingo August 18, 2004 05:58

Re: about the streamlines

I think through "Create\Streamline\ Locations:Point "could set up a streamline for each node of inlet.But I don't know the exact x,y,z value of each node or node number.

Could you give me any suggestions?

Glenn Horrocks August 18, 2004 18:25

Just use your inlet as the locator. It will then use each node in the inlet to start a streamline.

lingo August 19, 2004 04:40

You are right.However,I need a variable file about each streamlin coming with each node.So I don't want to get a group of streamline but a streamline.So I need to know the position of each node of node number at the inlet?How could I know?

Regards lingo

Michael Bo August 19, 2004 09:36

Create a point at the inlet [X,Y,Z] and create a streamline from that point?

pi August 23, 2004 05:07

When you export a file with every streamlines at the inlet, they are listed one after another so you can separate them in the postprocess. Below the header youŽll get a list including all the initial positions for the group of streamlines and inmediately after something like this:

X1 Y1 z1 t1

X2 Y2 Z2 t2

Xn Yn Zn tn

which are the coordinates and time for the first streamline begining in the first initial position listed. Following will be the next streamline and so on