CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   CFX (
-   -   Solver error message (

Bela February 21, 2006 05:59

Solver error message
Hi! I got this error message: ERROR #001100279 has occurred in subroutine ErrAction. Message: Stopped in routine DEF_DIFMOLC

Could anybody tell me, what is DEF_DIFMOLC? I can't find it in the CFX help. Thank you!

opaque February 21, 2006 10:08

Re: Solver error message
Dear Bela,

DEF_DIFMOLC is an internal subroutine name for the ANSYS CFX solver and it is not documented to users. You must have hit a major problem? Your molecular diffusion coefficient may be corrupted or somehow missing..

What kind of physics are you running? Are you using any beta feature related to diffusion somehow?

I will contact CFX help and explain your case..

Good luck, Opaque.

Bela February 21, 2006 10:40

I want to simulate Helum flow in a cooling channel. I use ceramic heaters on the one side of the channel and there is a graphite layer between the heaters and the wall of the channel. I made a new material for graphite. I set up anisotrop thermal conductivity in different directions (x,y same but z is different)[i had transformed def file to ccl and changed the thermal cond. value to Orthotropic Cartesian Components and after i transformed back it to def file]. Thx for your help!

opaque February 21, 2006 10:48

Dear Bela,

I have seen similar cases working when using 1:1 domain interfaces.. But, I think the orthotropic diffusion beta feature does not work with generalized grid interface (GGI)..

Is your case a GGI domain interface?

Have you contacted help desk? Opaque

Bela February 21, 2006 11:03

Yes, i have GGI interface in the model. The help desk helped me to set up the orthotropic thermal conductivity, but they didn't tell my anything about problems with GGI.

opaque February 21, 2006 11:07

Dear Bela,

That is probably a reason why it is still beta.. I would check with help desk again.. Perhaps they missed your are using GGI for the Fluid Solid or Solid Solid domain interfaces..

If that is the case, try to remesh either side and get a 1:1 connection..

Good luck, Opaque..

Bela February 21, 2006 11:14

Thank you very much for your help! :)

madhava317 December 26, 2012 07:13

I have landed in the same problem.

Could you get rid of the problem? If so please let me know. It will help me