Home > Forums > CFX

cfx-mesher capable of h-grid?

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   March 9, 2008, 23:03
Default cfx-mesher capable of h-grid?
Maga

Hi,

I just want to ask wehther CFX-mesher is capable of using different grid types, such as o-grid , h-grid, etc. If it is capable, can you please show me how ? Or we have to use ansys turbogrid or ansys icem cfd to do these type of more advanced meshing.

I also have another question:

Do you guys know how to make splits in a domain (i.e. a 3d rectangular tank) and establish a finer grid around a body(i.e. 3d cylinder) so that i can just refine the mesh around that split region to decrease the element number.

I had created different rectangular blocks to model the 'finer mesh region' around the cylinder using DesginModeler but when i meshed it and opened it up using cfx-pre, it seems that cfx-pre identified the face of the finer mesh region as a wall arond the cylinder, which means that inlet flow wil hit this 'wall' before the cylinder, which i dont want. Is there a way to make this 'wall' region disapper, as i just want the finer mesh region and not its wall conditions. I tried to delete it but it was set as default region, so nothing can be done.

Long post, but hopefully a detail one so you guys can help. SOrry though for such long post.

Thanks, Kwong

Old   March 9, 2008, 23:59
Default Re: cfx-mesher capable of h-grid?
Dre

I don't know about your first question, but for the mesh refinement, define a face spacing on the cylinder wall and specify a radius of influence.

Old   March 10, 2008, 04:29
Subha

Hai Maga,

I would speak about ICEM here as I am using it.

ICEM can do all types of grids you have mentioned. Establishing a finer mesh around a body is also easy. Have look on hexa meshing tutorials and you would surely be able to create the mesh the way you want it.

I don't have any idea about you Design Modeler problem and couldn't comment on it.

And don't worry about the length of your post, unless it is rubbish.

Regards,

Subha.

Old   March 11, 2008, 03:06
wake

y cant you define the internal walls of rectangular block as fluid -fluid interface........

but this definition is necessary unless it will consider as wall only....

Hopefully the method of meshing you are folowing is the best one for cylinder cross flow analysis.

Old   March 12, 2008, 21:36
Rogerio Fernandes Brito

Take a look on this Tutorial!

http://rapidshare.de/files/38779535/...anual.pdf.html (17.4 MB)