CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   CFX (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/cfx/)
-   -   controls issue in cfx mesh (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/cfx/25649-controls-issue-cfx-mesh.html)

ben April 14, 2008 05:46

controls issue in cfx mesh

I have a problem with the controls in cfx mesh. everytime I try to create a point, a line or a triangle, i can't pick te spacing I've created, and an error text box appears, saying :"

SCRIPT ERROR Line: 11488 char: 8 error: type mimatch Code: 800a000d Source: Microsoft Jscript runtime error Script: m_gfx.getWindowManager().drawTetSize(ls, ls); "

Hopefully someone has already had the same issue !

thanks in advance for your help

ben paillard, phd student at l'Úcole navale franšaise

mno March 17, 2009 06:57

Have you found a solution

Hey,

I have the same error and I don't know how to fix it.
Have you find a solution?

Thanks.

Michael.J February 7, 2010 20:31

Hi,

Sorry to bring up such and old post, however i suffer the same problem, it seems to be some sort of coding error with MSJscript somewhere if i understand it correctly, but no idea on how to fix it. This issue seems to be present in any geometry i create and try to mesh. If anyone has some idea on how to fix that I'd appreciate it. I use Ansys 12.0 academic license.

Regards

mno February 8, 2010 06:14

error in CFX-Mesh

Hi,

this error can be make by graphic card drivers.
You can try to update yours graphic card drivers.
You can try to use CFX-Mesh 12.1 (this error seem disappear in 12.1).

Good luck

ghorrocks February 8, 2010 07:30

If that does not work I would make sure your javascript is up to date and you have the latest browser updates.

Michael.J February 8, 2010 08:26

I tried different display drivers, and installed latest java and nothing seems to help :( I am running laptop with ati 2600 hd. If anyone has some other ideas i'll be glad to test them :)

mno February 8, 2010 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael.J (Post 245331)
I tried different display drivers, and installed latest java and nothing seems to help :( I am running laptop with ati 2600 hd. If anyone has some other ideas i'll be glad to test them :)

When I had this problem I tried to update java and graphic card drivers but nothing work.
I tried with 12.1 and no problem. Do you try with 12.1?
You can read your geometry and your project which be done in 12.0 in WB 12.1 so you don't loss your work.

Try and tell us if it works.

Michael.J February 8, 2010 15:44

I am going to try 12.1 tommorow perhaps when i get to University, and i'll ask someone from academic staff what might be solution for this. I am going as well to try some different computer setup (currently intel/amd on win xp x86) amd/nvdia and Vista system. I'll post about my results.

Michael.J February 9, 2010 05:16

Ok I am quite confused :( I've reinstalled system (win XP) on my laptop (intel/ati) and installed ver 11.0 and still getting the same error :(((((((( I even have installed ansys 12.0 and 12.1 on my second desktop with different hardware (amd/nvidia and vista system) and I still get this error :(no java/driver updates help.

Michael.J February 9, 2010 09:28

I am uploading screen shot of the problem, perhaps this will be more clear. I also start to think that this might be connected with some parameters of cfx mesh, if anyone has some ideas or sugestions i'll be greatfull.
http://i50.tinypic.com/2eqdt0n.jpg

romif May 21, 2010 10:35

I think I have solved this problem:
just correct line:

m_gfx.getWindowManager().drawTetSize(ls, ls);

to this one:

m_gfx.getWindowManager().drawTetSize(0, 0);

in file c:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v120\AISOL\CFXMeshApplet\CMPages\Scripts\CMHig hlighter.js

Good luck :)

Jarle October 20, 2010 09:36

Tanks alot! It worked perfectly;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by romif (Post 259745)
I think I have solved this problem:
just correct line:

m_gfx.getWindowManager().drawTetSize(ls, ls);

to this one:

m_gfx.getWindowManager().drawTetSize(0, 0);

in file c:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v120\AISOL\CFXMeshApplet\CMPages\Scripts\CMHig hlighter.js

Good luck :)

WhiteSokol January 20, 2012 04:27

romif. thank you for your information. But, I thinks that I found better solution of that problem:

find function: function doHighlightPointSpacing( p_id, p_origin )

within the body of that function replace string:
var ls = m_om.getFirstQueryElementValue( p_id, "./LengthScale", true );
on
var ls = parseFloat(m_om.getFirstQueryElementValue( p_id, "./LengthScale", true ));

Good luck