CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   CFX (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/cfx/)
-   -   Electronic Cooling using CFX? (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/cfx/25897-electronic-cooling-using-cfx.html)

Kratuan June 4, 2008 06:00

Electronic Cooling using CFX?

Hello,

has someone experiences with electronic cooling using cfx? I want to make thermal simulation of electronic components in detail model on PCB.

Regards

Kratuan

Joel June 4, 2008 08:05

Re: Electronic Cooling using CFX?

Hi Kratuan,

We've done work for a few military contractors as well as electronics/cellphone companies using CFX for electronic heating and cooling.

Is there something you want help with? Please email me if you need to discuss this further.

Joel

S.SIVAKUMAR June 4, 2008 08:10

Hai Kratuan,

you can use CFDESIGN V9 for solving electronics releated problems paricularly for PCB.Because Compact thermal model are built with the software itself.

Rogerio Fernandes Brito June 5, 2008 20:35

is CFDESIGN V9 free of charge?

Kratuan June 8, 2008 15:41

Is costs 12.000€.

S.SIVAKUMAR June 10, 2008 08:24

Dear Kratuan,

You can solve the Electronics problem including the PCB Design,Junction Temperature also in CFDESIGN V9.

Please share the details with me if you are interested in solving the problem.

RP June 11, 2008 03:48

How about Using Flotherm and CFDesign? I believe they are specifically designed for these type of applications.

Kratuan June 12, 2008 05:52

Right now, I am Flotherm user but I want to change code to Ansys CFX or Star CD because Flotherm can't handle complex geometry.

S.SIVAKUMAR June 12, 2008 07:07

CFDesign might be a best Choice for Electronics for Complex geometry also.

Kratuan June 12, 2008 12:17

What's about the accuracy of CFDesign? can you tel me something?

zubair July 10, 2008 04:05

the ideal tool for the thermal management of electronic cooling is coolit. Coolit v.7 - Powerful yet easy to use, for the thermal designer who must do it all - from individual components to complex systems. It's the software of choice for serious thermal designers. I am using this tool for all my work on pcb boards to complex electronic systems. it is simple as well as very accurate and the cheepest available.

The next best i suppose is icepak and also cfddesign visit: www.daat.com or www.waveaxis.com for india suppliers of the tool

Rogerio Fernandes Brito July 13, 2008 20:50

Is it free of charge? If it is, where I can make the download of this software? Can you send me more information to my e-mail? MSN: rogeriobrito2007@hotmail.com Thanks a lot!