CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   CFX (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/cfx/)
-   -   Ansys CFX to VTK - Postprocessing results (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/cfx/63066-ansys-cfx-vtk-postprocessing-results.html)

sorrego March 27, 2009 10:54

Ansys CFX to VTK - Postprocessing results

Hello Guys.
I was wondering if somebody was a script that help me to traduce the CFX results to a VTK format ? Or any body knows a way to do that?

Thanks a lot.
Santiago O.

ghorrocks March 29, 2009 19:03

Hi,

Are you using paraview? Not sure of the best way to get stuff into VTK/paraview. CFX can export a number of formats. A quick look suggests Ensight format is a common format between the two packages. Have you tried Ensight format? You can export Ensight format from the solver manager (tools/export results)

Glenn Horrocks

sorrego March 30, 2009 19:46

Hello Mr. Glenn.
Yes, im working with Paraview. Im workingto export CFX results to paraview. I havent try anything. Ill try Ensight (thanks for the suggestion) and also CGNS format.

Ill tell you my results.
Santiago

sorrego March 31, 2009 11:43

Hello Guys.
Good news!!!!!!!!
I made the export from CFX to Paraview. I just exported CFX results to Ensight. In CFX Solver : (tools/export results). Remember to export the data as ASCII. (Its an option of the export tool).
Then, I opened the Ensight files with Paraview 3.4. File>open and select the case.

Hope it works to you guys.

Cheers,
Santiago

ukbid October 7, 2011 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorrego (Post 211429)
Hello Guys.
Good news!!!!!!!!
I made the export from CFX to Paraview. I just exported CFX results to Ensight. In CFX Solver : (tools/export results). Remember to export the data as ASCII. (Its an option of the export tool).
Then, I opened the Ensight files with Paraview 3.4. File>open and select the case.

Hope it works to you guys.

Cheers,
Santiago

I tried the same and it works!

Thanks a lot!

mohammad April 17, 2012 23:12

I also enjoyed this useful post...tnx

stefan85r June 3, 2013 10:43

Hi,

I tried the same but it doesn't work..
The export from cfx-solver completed successfully.

But paraview shows me this message after loading the case:

ERROR: In C:\DBD\pvs-x64\paraview\src\paraview\VTK\IO\EnSight\vtkGeneri cEnSightReader.cxx, line 457
vtkPGenericEnSightReader (0000000009E1DE80): Unable to open file: ...xyz...

Warning: In C:\DBD\pvs-x64\paraview\src\paraview\VTK\IO\EnSight\vtkGeneri cEnSightReader.cxx, line 458
vtkPGenericEnSightReader (0000000009E1DE80): Assuming binary file.

Do sombody know this problem and could help me please?!

Thanks

Lance June 3, 2013 10:50

I've done CFX to Paraview with Ensight files a couple of times and it has always worked fine for me. Open the .case file in a text editor and make sure that all files/variables are in the same folder.
Are you using Ensight version: Gold and Format: Binary?

stefan85r June 3, 2013 10:58

I tried the export with all output formats... Ensight 5, 6 and Gold,.. Binary and ASCII