|July 7, 2009, 02:04||
Data Center model
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3Rep Power: 8
I am trying to create a CFD model of a data center using CFX 12.0. So far I have done the following.
1. Created geometries of a room, and a standard size server rack. (Using Design Modeler available in the workbench)
2. Created meshes for 2 objects I created in 1 using CFX-mesh (available in the workbench)
Now I want to open these two meshes with CFX-Pre to set up my data center simulation. So I linked two meshes with CFX project as in the attachment.
My problem is how to set up a steady state airflow simulation in CFX-pre. Known parameters are
1. Airflow rate into the room
2. Temperature of airflow into the room
3. Airflow rates into and out of the rack
I want to define the heat sources within the racks which I do not know how.
Can someone help me here.
|July 7, 2009, 03:00||
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 257Rep Power: 9
have you done any tutorials?
Top 4 tips
1. Knowledge is everything and Ignorance is dangerous.
2. Understand your limitations and try to eliminate them.
3. Get yerself a bike and hoon the chuffer. You will soon learn why dogs like to hang their heads out the car window.
4. Please before asking any questions on how to run simulations in CFX, go though all the tutorials
|air flow simulation, data center|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Superlinear speedup in OpenFOAM 13||msrinath80||OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD||18||March 3, 2015 06:36|
|Simulation of a single bubble with a VOF-method||Suzzn||CFX||18||October 2, 2009 04:18|
|Kato-Launder model||sam||Main CFD Forum||13||September 21, 2006 10:15|
|Two-Phase Buoyant Flow Issue||Miguel Baritto||CFX||4||August 31, 2006 12:02|
|Why Turbulence models are not universal.||Senthil||Main CFD Forum||4||July 5, 2000 04:34|