Variedness of contours in CFX post
It's some variedness of the contours in my CFX post, which is not stand for real value of the field. Every case gets the same problem. However, the same case on another linux system seems all good. The PC with problem works at windows XP SP3 and Ansys 11.0. Does anyone know what's the reason or has ever come across the same problem? Thanks!
Here is an example pic of StaticMixer in the Tutorial.
This is a problem related to your graphics card drivers. I had the same (ATI card) and didn't manage to resolve it. Fortunately, the problem is not present for V12.
Thanks for replying, Timon.
I do have the ATI(Radeon HD3450) graphics card. And it should be the reason. However, I've just upgraded to V12, but the problem is still there. Did you change your settings or sth else?
No, at least none that I consciously applied. Just contact Ansys support; I reckon this issue is known to them.
Timon, I've removed the ATI graphics card, and use the integrated one instead. It's normal now. Thanks!
In order to see correct colors and accurately displayed objects in the 3D Viewer, some combinations of ATI video cards and ATI graphics drivers on Windows XP require that you set the environment variable
VIEWER_CACHE_COLORS to 0:
1. Right-click on My Computer and select Properties. The System Properties dialog appears.
2. Click the Advanced tab.
3. Click Environment Variables.
4. Under System variables, click New.
5. In the Variable name field, type: VIEWER_CACHE_COLORS
6. In the Variable value field, type the number: 0
7. Click OK.
8. To verify the setting, open a command window and enter: set
The results should include the line:
This setting will fix problems such as:
• Boundary condition markers placed incorrectly or rendered in white.
• Regions around the circles are incorrect (rendered as yellow areas marked with blue)
• Mesh lines not displayed properly and with dark patches showing.
As pointed out in another thread,
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 20:04.|