CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   CFX (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/cfx/)
-   -   Very Strange Error: "Error reading number of domains" (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/cfx/70069-very-strange-error-error-reading-number-domains.html)

fabioacfoz November 13, 2009 09:33

Very Strange Error: "Error reading number of domains"
 
After the simulation finished, the solver didnt loaded the results. The error is this:

DataReader::loadData - Error reading file 'C:\CFX sim\MALHA_004.res':
Error reading number of domains (G/NZN).

Anyone knows how to do this??

juansan February 11, 2010 05:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by fabioacfoz (Post 236144)
After the simulation finished, the solver didnt loaded the results. The error is this:

DataReader::loadData - Error reading file 'C:\CFX sim\MALHA_004.res':
Error reading number of domains (G/NZN).

Anyone knows how to do this??

I would be interested in knowing how do you reach the solution of this problem??
Thank you

alinik March 2, 2010 04:10

I am recieving exactly the same error

Have you find a solution or the source of the error message?

Thank you very much in advance

juansan March 2, 2010 04:33

I don't know if it would work for you, but i introduced backup results in the out-put controls and started running

alinik March 2, 2010 04:39

I did it and now I receive this error message

No results or error file was found that matches the selected OUT file F:/FSI WD/Simple_files/dp0/CFX/CFX/Fluid Flow_004.out
Only the OUT file contents will be displayed.




and



F:/FSI WD/Simple_files/dp0/CFX/CFX/Fluid Flow_004.res does not exist or is not readable. Monitor plot data will not be available.




and


+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
| An error has occurred in cfx5solve: |
| |
| Error interpolating results onto the new mesh: F:\Ansys |
| Inc\v120\CFX\bin\winnt\solver-hpmpi.exe exited with return code 1. |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+

juansan March 2, 2010 04:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by alinik (Post 248055)
I did it and now I receive this error message

No results or error file was found that matches the selected OUT file F:/FSI WD/Simple_files/dp0/CFX/CFX/Fluid Flow_004.out
Only the OUT file contents will be displayed.




and



F:/FSI WD/Simple_files/dp0/CFX/CFX/Fluid Flow_004.res does not exist or is not readable. Monitor plot data will not be available.




and


+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
| An error has occurred in cfx5solve: |
| |
| Error interpolating results onto the new mesh: F:\Ansys |
| Inc\v120\CFX\bin\winnt\solver-hpmpi.exe exited with return code 1. |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+

I turn on back up results with an output frequency of "Timestep Interval"-->10. Furthermore in TRN results choose Selected Variables (choose the variables needed) every timestep

germangsilva March 30, 2010 16:30

I think you should turn on the 'Include Mesh' ( OUTPUT CONTROL > Include Mesh) in the output control in CFX Pre.I had the same problem, solved that way
I hope this can help you.

Pocket June 20, 2010 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by germangsilva (Post 252368)
I think you should turn on the 'Include Mesh' ( OUTPUT CONTROL > Include Mesh) in the output control in CFX Pre.I had the same problem, solved that way
I hope this can help you.

Is there any way around this? I would prefer not to wait another 4 1/2 days to retrieve the results again.

When i open a result file in a text editor i get garbage, but i reckon the nodal/elemental values are saved in some sort of comma separated way which at least links a node/element number to each set. Therefore it should be possible to tell post to map the values from a certain file to the respective nodes of the respective mesh(which would be retrievable from the def file).

Otherwise i do not really get the idea, why anybody would implement the option to print out variables without the mesh and not include a warning, that the results will not be processable by post.

Any help would me very much apprechiated

alinik June 21, 2010 00:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocket (Post 263798)
Is there any way around this? I would prefer not to wait another 4 1/2 days to retrieve the results again.

When i open a result file in a text editor i get garbage, but i reckon the nodal/elemental values are saved in some sort of comma separated way which at least links a node/element number to each set. Therefore it should be possible to tell post to map the values from a certain file to the respective nodes of the respective mesh(which would be retrievable from the def file).

Otherwise i do not really get the idea, why anybody would implement the option to print out variables without the mesh and not include a warning, that the results will not be processable by post.

Any help would me very much apprechiated

If you have nodal values and calculated data at every node in your domain, why don't you try to plot your results with another software like tecplot. Although I would rather to turn on include mesh and resolve the problem

ghorrocks June 21, 2010 07:50

Quote:

Is there any way around this? I would prefer not to wait another 4 1/2 days to retrieve the results again.
Around what? If the results file and/or the backup and/or transient files do not contain enough information you will not be able to do a restart from them. It is as simple as that.

Quote:

When i open a result file in a text editor i get garbage
Umm, what did you expect to see? It is a propriety binary format. A text editor cannot display anything useful.

Quote:

If you have nodal values and calculated data at every node in your domain, why don't you try to plot your results with another software like tecplot.
? Why? If you have a result file with a mesh and the results then just use CFD-Post. I can't see how tecplot can help.

Pocket June 21, 2010 19:35

I do not want to restart, i want to post process.
I thought there might be a way to reconnect the result file with the mesh. All the values i need are in the result file, i just can't open them due to the missing mesh.

Tecplot would have been able to open both the mesh and the results separately and then reference the result data to spacial coordinates by using the information stored in both files. Unfortunately you need to reformat the CFX results to another file format, which can only be done if you are able to open them in Post or Solver. But, since the mesh is missing, both refuse to do so.

ghorrocks June 21, 2010 22:15

Yes, that's right. You cannot open the results by any method. You will have to rerun it.

Pocket June 21, 2010 22:17

Alright, thanks for the info.

artemis64s February 1, 2011 07:07

I also have this strange error:(
any help is appreciated!

Details of error:-
----------------
Error detected by routine MAKDAT
CDANAM = LVAR CDTYPE = INTR ISIZE = 106
CRESLT = OLD

Current Directory : /FLOW/ALGORITHM/ZN1/SYSTEM/VARIABLES

+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
| An error has occurred in cfx5solve: |
| |
| The ANSYS CFX solver exited with return code 1. No results file |
| has been created. |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+

End of solution stage.

+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Warning! |
| |
| The ANSYS CFX Solver has written a crash recovery file. This file |
| has been saved as C:\Documents and Settings\samni651\My |
| Documents\PU_Keff_2472_Working\dp0\CFX-1\CFX\Work1\Fluid |
| Flow_001.res.err and may be an aid to diagnosing the problem or |
| restarting the run. More details should be available in the |
| solver output section of the output file. |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+


+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
| The following user files have been saved in the directory |
| C:\Documents and Settings\samni651\My |
| Documents\PU_Keff_2472_Working\dp0\CFX-1\CFX\Work1\Fluid Flow_001: |
| |
| mon |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+


This run of the ANSYS CFX Solver has finished.

100tinela February 1, 2011 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by artemis64s (Post 293076)
I also have this strange error:(
any help is appreciated!

Details of error:-
----------------
Error detected by routine MAKDAT
CDANAM = LVAR CDTYPE = INTR ISIZE = 106
CRESLT = OLD

Current Directory : /FLOW/ALGORITHM/ZN1/SYSTEM/VARIABLES

+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
| An error has occurred in cfx5solve: |
| |
| The ANSYS CFX solver exited with return code 1. No results file |
| has been created. |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+

End of solution stage.

+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Warning! |
| |
| The ANSYS CFX Solver has written a crash recovery file. This file |
| has been saved as C:\Documents and Settings\samni651\My |
| Documents\PU_Keff_2472_Working\dp0\CFX-1\CFX\Work1\Fluid |
| Flow_001.res.err and may be an aid to diagnosing the problem or |
| restarting the run. More details should be available in the |
| solver output section of the output file. |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+


+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
| The following user files have been saved in the directory |
| C:\Documents and Settings\samni651\My |
| Documents\PU_Keff_2472_Working\dp0\CFX-1\CFX\Work1\Fluid Flow_001: |
| |
| mon |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+


This run of the ANSYS CFX Solver has finished.

Hi,

Did you check the name of the folders? Any spaces or special characters can cause strange errors in CFX. Let me know if it worked for you.

Att.
Willian

fcabrales April 14, 2011 09:22

Hello Guys!

I am having a similar problem and I haven't got any help from ansys support. Everytime I try to restart a simulation form a previous backup file or .res file, I got a data read error. I also try to open the backup files in CFX-post and get the same data read error, so it seems to me that the solver is not saving all the datas in the .bak files.

In my particular case, I am calculating mixing times in large scale tanks, so my simulations take really long and whenever the simulation stops I can't restart it because I get this errors, so I lose all the time I had simulated.

Here is a "copy-paste" of the error written in the .out file:

+================================================= ===================+
| ****** PROBLEM REPORT ****** |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Subsystem: Input and Output |
| Subroutine name: ErrAction |
| Severity level: Fatal Error |
| Error message number: 001100279 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Message: |
| |
| io_gunzip: Data error |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
+================================================= ===================+

+================================================= ===================+
| ****** PROBLEM REPORT ****** |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Subsystem: Input and Output |
| Subroutine name: ErrAction |
| Severity level: Fatal Error |
| Error message number: 001100279 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Message: |
| |
| read_compressed_dataarray: decompression failed |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
+================================================= ===================+

+================================================= ===================+
| ****** PROBLEM REPORT ****** |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Subsystem: Input and Output |
| Subroutine name: ErrAction |
| Severity level: Fatal Error |
| Error message number: 001100279 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Message: |
| |
| iocnt: read data failed |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
+================================================= ===================+

+================================================= ===================+
| ****** PROBLEM REPORT ****** |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Subsystem: Input and Output |
| Subroutine name: ErrAction |
| Severity level: Fatal Error |
| Error message number: 001100279 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Message: |
| |
| ReadLong: read data failed: what=G/KELPE where=ZN1/ES1 |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
+================================================= ===================+

+================================================= ===================+
| ****** PROBLEM REPORT ****** |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Subsystem: Input and Output |
| Subroutine name: ErrAction |
| Severity level: Fatal Error |
| Error message number: 001100279 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Message: |
| |
| Stopped in routine ReadLong |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
+================================================= ===================+

+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
| An error has occurred in cfx5solve: |
| |
| Error interpolating results onto the new mesh: C:\Program |
| Files\ANSYS Inc\v130\CFX\bin\winnt-amd64\solver-hpmpi.exe exited |
| with return code 1. |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+


+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
| The following user files have been saved in the directory |
| C:\Users\Fred\Documents\PETROBRAS\TRANSIENT |
| SIMULATION\STANDALONE\Tracer_002: |
| |
| job |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+



I really appreciate your help guys...I am pretty sure that it is the same problem that you got. This is the only thread that I have found about this error.

Thanks,

Fredy

sulakshanarya February 22, 2012 01:30

Hi,
I am doing FSI analysis using ansys workbench and while running CFX solver i got the following error. Could anyone help me in finding what might have gone wrong..


ERROR #001100279 has occurred in subroutine ErrAction. |
| Message: |
| CFX encountered the error: Read. Fatal error occurred when reque- |
| sting Total Mesh Displacement for Interface. |
| |
| |
| |
| |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+

+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
| ERROR #001100279 has occurred in subroutine ErrAction. |
| Message: |
| cplg_SendCommand failed to send the command: ERROR -- CFX encount- |
| ered the error: Read. Fatal error occurred when requesting Total |
| Mesh Displacement for Interface. |
| |
| |
| |
+----------------------------------

Mazze[ITA] July 11, 2013 05:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghorrocks (Post 263946)
Yes, that's right. You cannot open the results by any method. You will have to rerun it.

Actually, according to other websites, there is another option:
  1. Is it a full transient file including the mesh, or a partial one? You cannot load trn file with no meshes by themselves. You need to access it from the results file.
    If the trn file is a timestep of a run which completed and gave a results file then you do not open the trn file with file-load. You access it by loading the results file and selecting the timestep you wish and it will automatically load the trn file. You do not need to open it yourself.

adambarfi May 12, 2015 08:45

Hi everybody,

I have the same problem.

I forgot to check the include mesh option and then after about 2 weeks solving my case, I cannot access the data!

I'm trying to simulate a turbulent flow over a bluff body using by LES and it's transient.

I've tried opening the mesh separately and then importing the .trn files but it didn't work and I still have the 'Error Reading Number of Domains (G/NZN)' error.

anybody knows how can I solve this problem? I didn't enough time to re-solve my case.

Regards,
Mostafa

Opaque May 12, 2015 10:20

If you are using linux, you may try appending the mesh to the results file. Please do so after backing up your original files, and at your own risk.

In linux, you can try the following:

cat MyDefFile.def >> MyCopyResults.res


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:15.