CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   CFX (
-   -   Hello (

Reza_computational May 25, 2010 11:46

Hello Everyone
I want to solve a conjugate heat transfer problem in CFX. Does anyone know whether this approach is practical in CFX and workbench or not? and if it is practical, how can I create geometery? I want to analyze forced convection cooling of a hot plate (nearly) in a cold free stream. The convection heat transfer coefficient is not known and is to be obtained solving the boundary layer on the plate.
Thank you in advance...

ghorrocks May 25, 2010 19:05

Yes, it is easy. Do the tutorials which come with CFX and that will give you a good start.

Reza_computational May 28, 2010 03:04

then how can i find this tutorials except that is found in ansys help and which one will be more appropriate for CHT?

ghorrocks May 28, 2010 07:55

There are a few CHT examples in the tutorials which come with CFX. There are also some more examples available on the CFX Community site (ansys website).

Jordi May 28, 2010 10:10

I am also working with Fluid-Thermal simulations (heat convection). At first, I tried to use both CFX and Steady-State Thermal Simulation (see my post titled: Problem in coupling CFX and Ansys for fluid-thermal sim. ) but I couldn't make it work....
But I found I can make both fluid and thermal simulations even with heat flow in solids by using CFX only!