CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   CFX (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/cfx/)
-   -   Problem with querying the meshing database in CFX-Pre (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/cfx/86301-problem-querying-meshing-database-cfx-pre.html)

ashtonJ March 18, 2011 21:24

Problem with querying the meshing database in CFX-Pre

Deal All,

After generating mesh in Ansys meshing, when I want to open CFX-Pre to create my simulation file, the following error is given:

There was a problem querying the meshing database. The
following problem was reported:

ERROR: ...\dp0\SYS\MECH\SYS.cmdb does not exist.

Until yesterday, I did not have any problem regarding opening the CFX-pre but today Ive been encountered with the above error when I want to open CFX-Pre.

Please let me know how the problem could be fixed.

Regards,
AshtonJ

thda7 April 10, 2014 03:35

Problem solved?

Hi everyone,

since yesterday I receive the above mentioned error as well.

Is the problem already solved or does someone know how to handle that?

Thanks!

Thomas

Antanas April 10, 2014 05:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by thda7 (Post 485138)
Hi everyone,

since yesterday I receive the above mentioned error as well.

Is the problem already solved or does someone know how to handle that?

Thanks!

Thomas

Workbench snark. Try to clear your mesh and generate it again, then update setup cell.

Jean_ August 15, 2014 17:31

I'm having the same problem, have tried to clean the mesh and change machine but still same error (.cmdb does not exist)

ashtonJ August 15, 2014 20:55

I was not able to fix the problem ...
What I did, I opened a new Workbench file and meshed the model again.

JorgePM September 1, 2015 00:32

solved?

have anyone solved the problem?

-Maxim- September 1, 2015 02:12

as Antanas said - that is probably a workbench bug. Save your ccl in Pre, reset mesh and pre, remesh, go back in pre, load ccl and the new mesh.
I had a similar problem once after I changed the geometry slightly in Design modeler - even with remeshing, Pre wouldn't load the new mesh... good luck

JorgePM September 1, 2015 12:37

sorry, I don't know what ccl means...
When I start CFX-pre, that message appear and I cant load anything. I've made the model in DM then I mesh it and when I open in Pre it shows the same message.
I also cleared the mesh and generated the mesh again, and I got the same result.
I am going to delete the mesh and create it again to see if it works

Thanks for your help

-Maxim- September 2, 2015 02:08

You expect from us that we help you, so I think we can expect from you that you can spare 10 seconds to search through ANSYS help and look up what CCL means (CFX Command Language).

In Pre, you can save your settings (your boundaries, what kind of simulation you're doing, etc) in a *.ccl file.

Yes, if 'clear generated data' doesn't help, try 'reset' the mesh.

JorgePM September 2, 2015 14:24

I just spent 1 second... don't worry about it
I just had to remember what it means
I didn't do what you suggested, I will share what I did to help others which have the same problem as me without being impolite

-Maxim- September 3, 2015 02:09

I didn't want to sound impolite. This forum is here to ask questions and other people help out. But some questions are solved quicker by asking google or the ansys help which takes a few seconds. That's shorter than typing the question and waiting for an answer.
I am also relatively new to CFX and in the first two months, I did tons of reading to get to a certain level where I can run a simulation. So I am expecting from other users to at least search the help and the CFD wiki first before posting a question...

Yes, it would be very nice if you posted the solution to your problem :cool:

Antanas September 5, 2015 00:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by JorgePM (Post 561987)
sorry, I don't know what ccl means...
When I start CFX-pre, that message appear and I cant load anything. I've made the model in DM then I mesh it and when I open in Pre it shows the same message.
I also cleared the mesh and generated the mesh again, and I got the same result.
I am going to delete the mesh and create it again to see if it works

Thanks for your help

Maybe you may share your project, so we can play with this?

P_VS October 11, 2015 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by JorgePM (Post 562204)
I just spent 1 second... don't worry about it
I just had to remember what it means
I didn't do what you suggested, I will share what I did to help others which have the same problem as me without being impolite

Hello,
I have just the same problem when importing the mesh.
Did you finally found a solution? If so, could you please explain me what to do?

Thank you!

JorgePM December 6, 2015 23:05

Sorry guys for my dalayed answer, this is what I did.
It was simple. Firstly, I export my geometry so in other words I saved it in other file. Then, I open Design Modeler and import the geometry. Finally, I just open Mesh and I re-mesh the whole model. Fortunately for me, my mesh wasnt so complicate.
What I dont recommend it's to reset the mesh. I tried this many times but It didnt work. Saving the geometry (exporting the geometry) and then re-meshing was better for me.
I didnt have that problem anymore, and I already finish my project.
Good luck everybody and again SORRY for my delayed reply.

marcel_jay January 11, 2016 07:17

A weird error

Hello folks!

I just encountered the same error in a huge project in like every cfx component system, not in the meshing or geometries.

So what I think might a cause of the problem:
changing the folders where the project is located or saving it into a folder with uncommon chars. So here in Germany I used an umlaut (like , , ) and consequently I couldnt open the cfx component. When I changed the to U, it worked again.

Cheers.